Don’t let dining out be your diet downfall! Have a strategy when it comes to eating at restaurants. Here are five tips you can use to maintain your healthy diet and still enjoy restaurant dishes.
1) Do your research. Look up restaurant menus online ahead of time and seek out healthy options. Better yet, look up nutrition info if you can. And, don’t forget to use the Diet.com Dining Out Guide!
2) Support restaurants that offer healthy dishes such as vegetarian eateries and independently owned restaurants. They value your business and feedback.
3) Lobby for restaurants to join forces with http://www.healthydiningfinder.com. Restaurants listed here offer dishes that meet healthy guidelines.
(Tip continues below)
4) Avoid portion traps! Buffets, family style restaurants and chains with a reputation of serving gigantic plates can set you up for overeating. Either go with a strategy or choose a restaurant with trimmed down portions – how about a tapas bar?
5) Examine your habits. If you are a frequent diner, ask yourself, why? You will most likely eat more calories when eating out than you would when preparing your own meals. Have a brainstorming session on how you can eat at home more often.
RESTAURANT DISHES TO STEER CLEAR OF
-Fettuccine Alfredo: a typical restaurant dish provides 1,130 calories and 83 grams of fat (51 grams saturated)!
-Orange Chicken: a typical restaurant dish provides 1,151 calories and 51 grams fat.
-Cheese enchiladas (no rice or beans): a typical restaurant dish provides 1,150 calories and 68 grams fat (33 grams saturated).
RESTAURANT DISHES TO STEER TO
-Pasta with marinara: a typical restaurant dish provides 670 calories and 3.5 grams fat. Add a salad, veggies or soup and take half home!
-Buddha’s feast: a typical restaurant dish provides 430 calories and 6 grams fat. Try it steamed for only 200 calories!
-2 Chicken soft tacos (no cheese) a la carte with a side of beans: a typical restaurant dish provides 580 calories and 15 grams fat.
Discover Restaurants in Key West with options and reviews from 1000+ sites across the web.