Everyone enjoys a home-cooked meal, but most of us don’t like having to prepare them! Here are five easy-to-follow tips to make delicious meals in minutes!
1) Cook extra chicken, turkey, or vegetables whenever possible to use for future meals. And, chop extra veggies for quick salads and snacks. Freeze unused portions for quick use later – all you need to do is defrost!
2) Buy pre-cut vegetables, angel hair pasta, and quick-cooking brown rice for easy and nutritious side dishes.
(Tip continues below)
3) Dust off the crockpot, throw some ingredients together in the morning, and you’ll have dinner ready when you get home!
4) Keep frozen fruits and vegetables, canned beans, soups, and tomato sauce on hand. An easy meal can be made by bulking up canned soup with frozen veggies, beans, and extra water.
5) Spend time on the weekends making a casserole that can be utilized over the next couple of days. Add a little variety by varying the side dish. For example, serve a tossed salad one day, steamed broccoli and cauliflower the next, and vegetable soup the after that.