Following a weight loss plan doesnít have to cost you a lot of money. Yes, gym memberships are pricey and healthy food can cost more than junk food. But you can find your way through this maze of budget-unfriendly dieting options without breaking into your piggy bank!
Check out these 5 affordable ways to stay on track and reach for your goals.
1. Portion Pals. If youíve never heard of a Portion Pal, then who have you been palling around with?? Portion Pals are clear discs for your dinner plate that show you the correct portion sizes for a variety of foods including chicken, meat, fish, side dishes and desserts. You can put them in the microwave or the dishwasher, and they are quite affordable at under $18 a pack!
2. Measuring Tape. Cheaper than a new scale and similarly effective in tracking your weight loss progress, a measuring tape is a great tool to have on hand. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat. So when the scale number is refusing to budge, a measuring tape may show you success that the digital numbers arenít telling you! You can pick one up at a local fabric store for less than $5!
3. Pedometer. Itís way too easy to fall into a sedentary lifestyle. If you arenít sure if youíre getting in your recommended 10,000 steps a day, then a pedometer is an affordable motivation booster! Pick up a pedometer (you can find one for less than $10) for a quick solution to a motivation problem! Step right up and challenge yourself to reach that 10k goal.
(Tip continues below)
4. Resistance Bands. For as little as $8 you can purchase a set of resistance bands that will help get you toned! You donít need a total gym in your living room to achieve some great results.
5. Diet.com. This is one heck of an affordable weight loss, dieting and healthy lifestyle tool! You can access all the support and helpful information you needÖ for as little as $2.29 a week! Thatís just a few cents more than your morning coffee drink! Stick with us and youíll be reaping the benefits of an amazing community with tons of supportive and informative members!
The bottom line: You donít have to offer up your first-born child in return for a cost-efficient healthy lifestyle. The affordable tools you need to succeed are right beneath your nose. So donít buy into the misguided belief that you have no options. It only costs a few dollars for the key ingredients of weight loss success!