Dieting can leave you feeling lonely at times. You have those moments when you feel like you're alone in your efforts to eat well and stay healthy. But just because you want to eat healthy doesn't mean you have to seclude yourself in a room and eat apples all day! Sharing a delicious meal with friends is a great way to take the edge off of your diet. So go ahead and round up the gang for dinner at your house. But first, check out these tips for hosting a healthy dinner party without forcing your friends to eat tofu and Brussels sprouts.
1. Themes like a winner! Planning a fun theme for your dinner party will spruce up the evening, and can take the attention off the food. Themed dinners also force you to get creative and find healthy foods that fit the theme. Put on your thinking caps and get cookin'!
2. First stop: Diet.com! You've got your theme. Now it's time to plan the menu. Head to the healthy recipes section of Diet.com and select a few delicious entrees. No matter what dish you select, it's guaranteed to be healthy. All you need to do is settle on recipes that fit your theme.
(Tip continues below)
3. What color is your salad? If it's just green, it's too boring! Excite your guests with an atypical salad. Try our Avocado Fruit Salad for tart, sweet, crunchy and creamy all-in-one dish! Or, whip up our Wild Rice and Cherries Salad for a unique nutty, fruity flavor from wild rice, dried cherries and apples.
4. Fiber up! Dishes with a healthy dose of fiber will fill you and your guests faster. As an added bonus, high-fiber foods tend to be crammed with other great nutrients. Incorporate beans or other legumes into the meal and you and your guests will eat less but feel more full!
5. Dessert as an encore! What's a great show without an encore? Turn your themed dinner into a lasting memory with a mouthwatering dessert. For the "Wow!" factor, try our sinful-sounding Minty Cheesecake. Your guests will never know they are eating healthy! Another great choice: our No-Crust Berry Pie. We guarantee you'll be asked for the recipe... and an invite back for your next super dinner party!
Remember, just because you're watching your weight doesn't mean you have to skip good food or good friends. Serving up a delicious and healthy meal is a great way to involve your friends in your healthy lifestyle. Keep these tips on hand and your dinner guests will be begging you to party with them more often!