Techno music--house, electro, and so on--is somewhat divisive. I know lots of folks who work out to it exclusively, because the steady beats are easy to use for pacing.
On the flipside, I know lots of folks who can't stand it--as the steady beats seem monotonous.
I wanted to put together a short list highlighting some recent standouts--as there's been more crossover than usual between pop and dance music.
So, the beats are still steady, but there's also more traditional song structures that turn up.
Give a listen, if you like...
1. The Prodigy - Warriors Dance (South Central Remix) - 128 BPM
2. Cascada - Evacuate The Dancefloor - 126 BPM
3. Cut Copy - Hearts On Fire - 125 BPM
4. David Guetta - When Love Takes Over - 130 BPM
5. Katy Perry - Waking Up In Vegas (Calvin Harris Remix) - 131 BPM
This list was compiled using reader votes on my workout music site.