Summer Slim Down!
Hey everyone! It's Katrina Hodgson from www.ToneItUp.com, my website to find my fitness videos, workouts and my own healthy recipes.
Blast calories outside and get a full-body workout to tone up for summer! Check out the workout video, plus the complete workout outline below!
Warm-up jog or walk
Squat with a Front Kick
- 10 each leg
- Exercises the quads, hamstrings, core, glutes, and calves.
- Feet shoulder width apart; knees do not drop over your toes, sit back and maintain a tight core.
- 12 on each hand or 24 total
- Exercises the shoulder girdle stabilization, core strength, legs and chest and triceps.
- Jump up, land softly, keeping your elbow soft, maintain a tight core and breathe throughout.
Sit-ups with a Punch and Twist -
- 20 total
- Exercises your abs!
- Squeeze your abdominal muscles on the way up, twist and punch to the side. Exhale on the way up, inhale on the way down.
- 5-12 (as many as you can)
- Postural muscles and mainly the lats (the stubborn outer back muscles)
- Jump up on to a bar, then slowly and controlled let yourself down. Breathe throughout. This works on the strength of your pull-up!
Plyometric Split Squat
- 10-12 each leg
- Works on the quads, glutes, hamstrings, calves, core and gets your heart rate pumping!
- With one foot out in front, and on your back toe, make sure your front knee stays behind your toe, crop straight down, explode up, land softly by switching your legs in the air. Go as slowly as you are comfortable and controlled.
- Chest and triceps!
- Maintain a tight core, hands in line with your shoulders bend your elbows keeping your hips neutral. Exhale on the way up.
- Postural muscles responsible for keeping those shoulders back!
- Squeezing your shoulder blades together, bring your body up to the bar. Exhale on the way up.
Hanging Leg raises
- This exercise is very advanced. Hanging without swinging, bring your knees up squeezing your abdominal muscles. Exhale bringing your knees up. Maintain a tight core and stay slow and controlled.
Katrina Hodgson, www.ToneItUp.com, NASM CPT, BS Health Science, has helped thousands reach their goals by designing fitness programs with her workout videos and her website ToneItUp.com.