by Danielle Prestejohn
, Fitness and Nutrition Expert
- 1 cup vanilla whey protein
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- dash salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all of your dry ingredients (the whey protein through the spices).
- Add in your pumpkin mixing well.
- Continue to add in your wet ingredients starting with the egg whites and ending with the vanilla.
- Lastly gently fold in your raisins.
- Drop your batter into muffin tins sprayed well with olive oil.
- Bake muffins for 15 to 17 minutes or until tops start to brown.
Makes 12 muffins!
*Little note: These muffins are meant to be consumed post workout, hence the whey protein! If you are strict Paleo and want to have them at another time feel free to swap the whey for almond flour. Keep in mind however that this will change the calorie count.
What's your favorite treat you want to see made healthy???
Check out more delicious recipes at CleanFoodCreativeFitness.com.
- Calories: 85 calories
- Carbs: 10 grams
- Protein: 5.5 grams
- Fat: 4 grams