by Danielle Prestejohn
, Fitness and Nutrition Expert
Did you catch my recipe for Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars?? Among many fabulous comments I also got a few requests for adding protein into these bars. I experimented a bit and came up with these! They are no longer Paleo due to the whey protein but could be used as a quick post-workout snack, especially considering post-workout is the ideal time for your body to consume sugar! So to all my protein lovers: enjoy!
- 3 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein (84 grams worth)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 baking powder
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup enjoy life mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine your dry ingredients omitting the chocolate chips.
- Next add in the pumpkin, eggs, and warmed coconut oil.
- Once your mixture is combined mix in your chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick in the middle of the bars comes out clean.
- Enjoy !
Makes 9 bars
*Little Note: These bars are a little cakier than the original ones. For a denser and Paleo bar go with the original. You could also cut back on the protein powder to make a denser bar!
What's your protein source of choice???
Check out more delicious recipes at DaniellePrestejohn.com.