, Diet.com's Diet and Fitness News Reporter
Gluten is out of a lot of people's diets these days. But so many fantastic dishes include gluten. We took a favorite summer dish, tabouli, and swapped in quinoa for couscous to both eliminate what you don't want and
boost nutrition. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Quinoa Tabouli
3 cups cooked quinoa (follow the directions on the package)
1 medium tomato finely diced
1 small onion finely diced
2 cups parsley de-stemmed and shredded
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
salt & pepper for seasoning
1. Cook the quinoa and place it in a large bowl
2. Add the diced tomato and diced onion
3. Add the shredded parsley
4. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice and olive oil, taste and see if the ratio is to your liking. Add more oil if it's too tart, or more lemon to amp up the zing
5. Add the dressing to the large bowl and mix the ingredients well
6. Add salt and pepper to taste
Makes 8 to 10 servings
This dish pairs well with fish and chicken and is a great take-along for summer picnics and barbecues.
Lisa Johnson from TrueFoodMovement.com provided this recipe. The blog covers healthy recipes
, farm to fork stories, and frugal foodie tips. Check out their latest on frugal farmers market tips.