by Danielle Prestejohn
, Fitness and Nutrition Expert
When I think of comfort foods I don't automatically think of vegetables. Things like mashed potatoes, chili, and filling stews come to mind. This recipe might surprise you though. It's a twist on a comfort food that is packed with veggies. This recipe is a super quick one that you can make in minutes before serving dinner. With little prep time and lots of flavor you would never guess this veggie-packed dish is actually good for you!
- 4-5 cups fresh cauliflower
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbs. Greek yogurt (optional)
- 2 tbs. earth balance or grass fed butter
- black pepper
- sea salt
What's your favorite "comfort food" veggie?
- Steam or boil your cauliflower until tender. I steamed mine in the microwave using the microwavable bags from Trader Joe's. You can steam it on the stove by placing 1/4 cup of water in a saute pan. Bring to a boil and then cook and cover the cauliflower in the pan, about 8 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl mash the cauliflower, almond milk, and optional Greek yogurt using a hand mixer at low speed.
- Once it begins blending add in the butter or earth balance, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Continue to blend until your cauliflower is at a smooth consistency.