EDITOR'S NOTE: Diet.com is excited to introduce one of our newest fitness experts, Jon Ham of fitnessontherun.com!
Summer is here! Lose weight with me!
To help you out with this I've got a list of 5 weight loss tips that will help with your weight loss journey.
1. Write down what you are eating! This is really the beginning of your journey - this way you can be honest with yourself and actually look at what you are eating to know where you are going wrong.
Data shows that people under-report their food intake when they write in their journals - I heard once that they under-report by about 20% - so get the maximum benefit out of your journal by being accurate, honest, and take the emotion out of it. Look at it as gathering data about your personal self.
2. Eat Real Food. Stay away from processed foods, refined carbs, sodas/diet sodas, sugars and sweets, and booze (eh). Along the same lines, make your own food whenever you can and avoid eating out. Then you actually know what's in your food. Purchase the highest quality food your budget will allow. It is very important that your food come from real sources.
3. Be done early! I think it is a good idea to give yourself some time after dinner to digest before going to bed. I don't have a magic number of minutes, but I found that I do best when I eat dinner by 5:30 or 6, after which I am done eating for the day.
4. Exercise! Get moving so you can burn more fuel. If you would like some ideas on ways you can switch up your routine, you can check out my channel YouTube where I have a little something for all ability levels.
5. Find some motivation and stay accountable to someone, set some goals, and make them happen! This is why I like dietbet.com. I really think it is an excellent way to get motivated and change some habits permanently. Good luck with your weight loss journey, and come join me as I host another diet bet at dietbet.com/fitnessontherun.
For more information, check out My Website!