by Danielle Prestejohn
, Fitness and Nutrition Expert
One of the most frequent questions I am asked is how I cook my sweet potatoes, so I figured they deserved their own post! These are one of my favorite things to prep ahead for the week, and I make them almost every week. They also double as a treat for my dog who is hypoallergenic. She loves them!
Here's your recipe...
- 4-5 smaller sweet potatoes
- Coconut oil cooking spray
Makes around 6 servings
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes and poke holes with a knife.
- Microwave on high 4-5 minutes.
- Slice the potatoes thinly and spread on a baking sheet sprayed with coconut oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
* You can season these any way you like! I like to keep them plain when I bake them so I can season them as I like throughout the week. Some of my favorite toppings are ground cinnamon or red pepper flakes.