The lower ab. You know the lower ab, right? That area on your six pack that just won't pop out... the sexy lower ab area that everyone wants but almost no one can get.
It's almost funny when I look at all the lower ab information on the market today. Everyone talks about the lower ab exercises or the sets and reps that you need to be doing, and while that's all cool, it isn't as necessary as people make it out to be. Why? Because you're fighting an uphill battle that can't be won with just exercises.
So here are 15 lower ab tips plus a lower ab workout:
1) All types of crunches work your entire stomach but you'll feel your lower abs more when you do bodyweight movements like reverse crunches, hanging knee raises and hanging leg raises.
2) Don't waste your time focusing on non-lower ab exercises. I don't understand why people focus on "getting abs without crunches." Get it in your mind that you have to, you must, actually train your lower abs consistency to get results.
3) You have lower ab fat because of cortisol. No way around it. Stop stressing, eat lower carbs, take glycine and omega-3 fish oil and be patient.
4) Perform both interval and steady state cardio. Not one or the other... they both help burn lower ab fat.
5) Learn how to design a good six pack diet and six pack ab workout.
6)Don't waste your time taking stimulants.
7) Lower ab fat is the last to go so just be consistent.
8) Stable and lower insulin levels help to get you closer to your goal faster so eat quality carbs.
9) Yohimbine is a great supplement for losing lower ab fat but you better not have carbs after you take it.
10) Train less and do more cardio, don't think you need to keep banging out with weight.
11) There are very few supplements that actually work for losing lower ab fat. Stay with the solid ones.
12) Focus on losing fat around your love handles. As they go, so does lower ab fat.
13) Try not to rock during your lower ab exercises, let your muscles work.
14) Do something active everyday. There's no way you can diet and not do something active everyday and expect results.
15) Learn to love training your abs. The more you do the better the results.
So here's your lower ab workout program that I promised. All exercise examples can be found at jimmysmithtraining.com.
Reverse Crunches: 3 sets of 15 reps
Hanging Knee Raises: 3 sets of 12 reps
Bench Knee Tucks: 3 sets of 15 reps
Day 2: Weighted (Done 2 days later)
Kneeling Cable Crunches: 4 sets of 8 reps
Weighted Swiss Ball Crunches: 4 sets of 8 reps
Kneeling Cable Crunches To The Side: 4 sets of 8 reps
Jimmy Smith, MS, CSCS is a Men's Fitness and Maximum Fitness training expert. Jimmy's training knowledge and personal experience have made him an expert when it comes to getting "skinny-fat guys" in the best shape. For more information go to jimmysmithtraining.com.