Did summer totally throw you off your workout routine?
Get back into it! There are no excuses now. The kids are heading back to school, the days are getting cooler, now is the time to get back to your healthy habits and lay a healthy foundation before winter hits!
Grab a friend, enter a race, or just join a gym! Do something to move and shake off the extra pounds that might have crept up on you during summer.
Include these non-complicated, yet very effective Pilates moves to give your workout an extra toning nudge!
1) Flatten your abs with the Hundreds, Single Leg Stretch & Crisscross:
- Starting with the Hundreds: Click here to see how it's done.
- Do these 2 moves:
a) Single Leg stretch: Lie on your back, head neck, shoulders and feet off the mat and both hands on one knee, reach the other leg away, switch and repeat 8 times.
b) Oblique (crisscross): Lie on your back, head, neck, shoulders and feet off the mat. Hands behind head reach one leg straight and other bent, twist opposite arm pit to the bent knee, switch and repeat. Repeat 8 times.
2) Tone-up your Bum with The Side Leg Series and Heel Squeezes:
- Lie on your side in one long line, make sure when you look at your feet you can see your toes:
a) Lift & lower the top leg only hip height and keep the knee and toes pointing to the front. Repeat 8 times.
b) Lift the top leg hip height and keep it there, lift and lower the bottom leg up to the top. Repeat 8 times.
c) Lift & lower both legs together 8 times.
- Heel squeezes: Lie on your belly, Legs turned out & apart, knees bent, with heels together squeeze your heels together and release. Repeat 8 times.
Remember every little bit counts and helps so even if you only have 10 min to do a little workout! Make it happen!
For more Pilates tips, videos and information visit my Facebook or my