This is Lady Diet - the fit, fun and fabulous host of Diet.com's weekly Diet & Fitness Podcast!
We live in a fast-paced world. Youâ€™re running around everyday, getting to work, fighting in line for coffee, cooking meals, and making sure your kids are brushing their teeth. Maybe you have yourself convinced that you are too busy to exercise. Well I am here to burst that bubble this week, by giving you the top 5 ways to fit in your fitness.
1. Make your movements count. Ok so even if youâ€™re the busiest person in the world, I know youâ€™re moving at least a little bit during the day. If youâ€™re walking to the water cooler, walk briskly. If youâ€™re alone in your office, do some lunges. Take the stairs. Park further away. Really try to move when you move.
2. Who says the kids canâ€™t come? Donâ€™t use the little guys as an excuse for your inactivity. Having been a kid once myself, I know that they have boundless energy. Iâ€™d recommend using that as a motivator! Find fun and active things you can do with your children, rather than assuming you have to find a time to exercise without them around.
3. Get fit with Fido. If youâ€™ve got a pet that requires walking, turn that walk into a jog. Your pet will love the exercise and may even pressure you into doing it all the time!
4. Chop it up. No one said that you have to fit a straight hour of exercise into your day. Cutting it up into 10 minute intervals when youâ€™re able to squeeze them in is not only perfectly acceptable, itâ€™s smart! If you canâ€™t see yourself being left uninterrupted for an hour, smarten up and focus on how long you can see yourself being left uninterrupted. THEN fit in your fitness!
5. Re-evaluate your priorities. Did you really have to watch TV for an hour before you went to bed? Did you have to sit at the computer and browse the World Wide Web in that 25 minutes before you left the house to go to work? Before you say, â€śI donâ€™t have time,â€ť stop and think about where all of your minutes are actually going. Then maybe re-think your priorities and decide where your health should go on your list. Hopefully itâ€™s up around the top, above TV.
Lack of time is an age-old excuse for many things, but you shouldnâ€™t make excuses when it comes to your health. Make it a point to strike â€śI donâ€™t have timeâ€ť from your repertoire of key phrases, and youâ€™ll definitely have time for one more thing â€" showing off your fit bod!
If you have any comments or suggestions about todayâ€™s podcast or any fun health diet or fitness tip, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is Lady Diet signing off!
Lady Diet records a weekly Diet & Fitness Podcast for diet.com. To get the full experience, you've got to LISTEN:
Fitting In Fitness