I think you'll like today's article because I'm going to get your brain to think a little differently about your goals.
How you ask?
By having a little fun and forcing you to look at your actions from a backwards perspective!
It sounds cryptic, but it's actually really simple...
Here's what I mean:
There are certain actions we all take that either bring us closer to a goal or move us away from it. However, often times we don't necessarily know what those actions are until it's too late.
So today I've outlined for you 9 action steps to either gain or lose weight. You'll notice though, that if your goal is weight loss I created a backwards perspective for achieving that goal.
You'll be focusing on NOT doing these 9 things.
Now why would I do that?
Because I think many people ARE unconsciously currently doing some of these weight gain action steps, and it's making them fat.
So here we go - here are the 9 weight gain action steps:
1. If you want to gain weight, eat lots of grains, red meat, dairy, and sugar
2. Eat a big meal right before going to bed after 7:30pm
3. Don't exercise or be active during the day
4. Eat only one big meal a day from empty calories
5. Sleep less than 6 hours a night or more than 9 hours
6. Sit down the majority of the day
7. Drink beverages containing sugar (including store bought juices, energy drinks, and "specialty" vitamin waters)
8. Don't drink water throughout the day and make sure not to get at least 8-12 glasses of H2O in order to flush out toxins from your body, rehydrate, energize, and stave of hunger
9. Eat more total calories than you burn off in a day
Are you partaking in any of those weight gain steps above?
Try to now go back and reread the list in a different way. This time reverse how you're reading each weight gain step by putting a new phrase in front of the action step that is outlined.
Each item should now read like this:
"If I want to lose weight I need to (insert opposite of action step outlined above)."
For example a new weight loss statement would be rewritten to say, "In order to lose weight I must NOT eat a big meal right before bed."
So as you can see gaining weight and losing weight are polar opposites of each other, in terms of the choices you make during your day.
As I've said in the past you are currently the sum of all your choices up until this point in life, and to create a new you, you must make new, better, productive choices that will bring you closer to your goal - not push you further from it.
At first the above statement hurts, but once you come to accept it, forgive the old you, and then set your sights on forming the new you, you'll be well on your way to the life and body you always envisioned.
Oh, and if you're wondering when the best time to start this transformation is I have the answer for you...
It's right now.
You have everything you need to at least get started right now.
Click Here to Learn How to Lose 5 Pounds in 7 Days!
Committed to your success,
Stephen Cabral, ND, CSCS
Board Certified Naturopathic Doctor
Health contributor for MTV, Men's Health, Women's Day, MAXIM, Diet.com, SELF