There is no denying the importance of exercise in helping you achieve your weight loss goals. But, today I want to write about the importance of your diet and what you eat. They go hand in hand, of course.
I could talk about exercise until I'm blue in the face, but until you take charge of what you put into your mouth every day (your diet!), all of my Visibly Fit moves in the world aren't going to help you achieve the body of your dreams.
Today's statistics show that nearly 70% of the adult population is currently overweight or obese.
WOW, those are scary numbers!
Here are a few of the contributors to this problem:
1. Outrageous Portions. Portions continue to grow in our US super-size world, and most people continue to clear their plates despite the extra calories.
2. Convenience Foods Galore. Have you ever noticed how the checkout line in the supermarket has changed in recent years? It used to be stocked with gum, mints and a few candy bars. Now everything from potato chips to cookies sit within arms reach.
3. Fast Food Frenzy. How many fast food restaurants do you pass in a day? How about how many fast food television ads? Probably more than you can count. How many times do you stop in for a quick bite? Probably more times than you would like to admit. Fat and sodium are the predominant ingredients in most fast food, causing havoc with your weight loss goals.
Exercise and good nutrition go hand-in-hand. You won't make progress toward your goals without them both. With just a few small changes to your daily eating habits, you could be well on your way to having an incredible body full of health and vitality.
Here are three simple ways to improve your diet:
1. Cut your portions. Even though that mountain of pasta looks great, remind yourself that it is three or four times more than you really need to eat, and those extra calories are going to land right on your trouble zones. Consciously make an effort to reduce your portions at each meal and watch how your weight shrinks and your energy soars. It's all about eating to live instead of living to eat!
2. Pack your snacks. Instead of turning to a bag of chips or something from a nearby vending machine mid-morning or mid-afternoon, reach for a piece of fruit or hand full of vegetables instead. Raw almonds are a wonderful snack too! It only take a few minutes to pack healthy snacks for your day, and it will save you a ton of unwanted calories. Convenience food is packed with sugar, fat and empty calories that will only leave you sluggish, uncomfortable and reaching for more of the same.
3. Eliminate one or more fast food meals per week. Let's start with baby steps. If you currently eat 4 fast food meals each week then only eat three this week. Next week reduce that number down to two. And then one. Once fast food isn't a regular part of your diet or habitual patterns you should look at it more as something to be had as an "every once in awhile" treat - not a dietary staple.
Now that you have three simple ways to drastically improve your eating habits, this brings us back to exercise.
Remember, I said I could talk about exercise until I'm blue in the face! You need regular challenging exercise in order to achieve and maintain results.
My 7X11 DVD will help you achieve your fitness goals, and help you give yourself the body you deserve! I encourage you to order it and my book today by going to www.wendiepett.com.
|1 | 2 Next Page|