I like, on occasion, to spotlight songs of a certain BPM. Certainly, when working out, it's nice to get "in the zone." Moreover, if you pick a tempo just above what you're usually comfortable with, it can make for an excellent way to push yourself a little harder.
The tempo I've picked this week is 123 BPM. It's not quite fast enough for a run. But, it'll work excellently for a brisk walk and also for machine-related exercises (elliptical, StairMaster, and so on) where your rep count is lower anyway.
As usual, I've tried to mix things up--with a few radio hits, a little rock, and an overlooked gem--this time from 80s faves O.M.D.
Take a peek, if you like...
1. Sean Kingston â€" Fire Burning
2. Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark - Speed of Light
3. Goldfrapp - Ride a White Horse
4. Janet Jackson - Together Again
5. Stone Temple Pilots - Big Bang Baby
This list was compiled using reader votes on my workout music site.