I'm new here!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!
Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kathleend1

Total Posts: 50

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely. A few years ago, a friend asked me if I wanted to go to the pool with her. I said I couldn't go in public with a bathing suit. She said that life is too short to let my worrying about what other people will think of me stop me from doing things I really enjoy. I took that to heart. I may be overweight, but I wore a bathing suit at the pool and the beach on my vacation in Hawaii last summer. Those people don't know me and likely will never see me again, and my friends will just want me to be happy.

Don't worry about walking in public!
steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember this too:

People who work out, don't make fun of or think badly of people who work out!

Everybody had to start somewhere. Every athlete knows that being an athlete requires disicipline, training, and conditioning. And very often, you hear athletes and other people at the gym say, "When I started training/working out this last time, I was fat." Perk up your ears, it is much more common than you can imagine. . . . As for the others, those NOT seeking health, sooner or later, they probably will, if it's not too late.

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
cgracie

Total Posts: 38

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the truth shall set you free. What the hey, have I been doing to myself. I even teach my kids not to let people like the starers of the world to discourage them, so why don't I practice what I preach.

Now I'm motivated. The neighbors beter watchout I'm hitting the street.

Bird77

Total Posts: 827

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, about those fit, athletic types? Many of us are formerly fat, out-of-shape people. For me, when I'm out running, at the gym, or in my taekwondo class, if I see an overweight person out exercising, I smile and hope that they stick with it. I know how much it pays off, and I want them to achieve their goals too.

Besides, usually I'm far more interested in making it to the next lamp post than I am in how your butt looks in your running shorts Very Happy

Get up and go. If you want to run, then run!

In these days, a man who says a thing cannot be done is quite apt to be interrupted by some idiot doing it.
- Elbert Hubbard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com