Hydroxycut--anyone have any opinions??     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myfrodo

Total Posts: 11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Hydroxycut--anyone have any opinions?? Reply with quote

I started my "diet" 2 1/2 weeks ago and have stuck to it very well.... I picked up a bottle of Hydroxycut to see if it helped boost my energe level and maybe supress my hunger inbetween the 6 times a day I have been eating... I haven't been taking it long enought to tell a difference yet, and have spent countless hours reading reviews. I was just wondering if anyone has any comments, good or bad, about it?? I don't expect it to help me lose the weight quicker by magically burning off my calories, but maybe increase my energy enough to help me do my cardio longer or more often??

Thanks so much....

Bird77

Total Posts: 827

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big believer in diet pills and the like. I figure they're mostly "magic beans" that either don't work or give you results only as long as you take them. If you only lose weight because of the pills, how on earth are you going to keep it off?

The best thing is less calories, more exercise. As you get exercising more, your energy will automatically increase. Also, you need the good eating habits and activity patterns to sustain your new body in the long term.

Look, you have to learn to eat right and work out sooner or later, right? Why not learn it right away as part of your weight loss plan?

In these days, a man who says a thing cannot be done is quite apt to be interrupted by some idiot doing it.
- Elbert Hubbard
reneesman

Total Posts: 193

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an opinion on diet pills. This is just my opinion since you asked.

http://www.diet.com/dietblogs/read_blog.php?blid=484&title=Diet+pills

I know I can, I know I can.....
Myfrodo

Total Posts: 11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input!! I never did get the stuff thinking I would lose weight quicker on it, I was just hoping for some extra energy (but safe) and maybe something to tied me over between meals. I work a very funky schedule and don't always get the 7 to 8 hours a day I would like. Infact, I've pretty much given up an hour of sleep to do my cardio now so I guess I am getting even less now than I did before I started this "diet". I feel better but am still so tired when I get home that all I want to do is crawl in bed. The motivation is there but the energy is lacking. I guess more than anything I am hoping for a "quick fix" energy pill than I am a "quick fix" weight loss plan!!

mysticlovelight

Total Posts: 12

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Thoughts on Hydroxycut Reply with quote

I've been tracking my weight rather closely and have it all charted. I did notice an extra drop in weight right after I started Hydroxycut, but overall my rate of weight loss does not appear to have changed. I went to Las Vegas over the weekend and didn't take the Hydroxycut. My weight jumped. I'm not sure how much was from stopping the Hydroxycut and how much was from changes in diet due to being out of my element. I've since started taking Hydroxycut again. My weight is down and then some. My guess is that the caffeine in Hydroxycut does cause a decrease in water weight (read: dehydration), but I'm not convinced that the other ingredients are doing much of anything. I probably won't replace my bottles of Hydroxycut when I run out.

kimpossible150

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been there... I thought that if I could just get an additional help from
Hydroxycut it would give me additional encouragement, maybe help me reach my goal quicker...
so I tried the Hydroxycut but shortly after beginning to take the capsules I started feeling a pressure near my heart. (within the first 3 days). I came off them and the pressure relieved. I tried again a few months later just to eliminate in my mind whether the pressure was from outside stress or the Hydroxcut only to get the same results.
Best of Luck...

LesMoo

Total Posts: 797

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supplements like hydroxycut (and others) can be dangerous; they're not FDA approved or regulated. The only source of information about these supplements is from the manufacturers and of course they're going to say that they're safe to take! I wouldn't risk my health by taking something like that for more energy. I'd instead try eating better foods and getting more movement into my day. The more your blood flows, the more energetic you'll be. If your energy problems are really severe, go to your doctor.

CubJimm

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Tried Hydroxycut and Others, Did Not Notice Anything Reply with quote

I have tried hydroxycut and other dietary supplements in the past and never noticed anything from. So I do not know if they really help or not, I just know they did not seem to do anything for me personally. The best results I ever got dieting was a couple years back I had a personal trainer for about 8 weeks. He watched my diet and pushed me hard during exercise where I was always drenched in sweat and exhausted after one of his workouts. Back then I went from 245lbs to 220lbs. in 8 weeks. Since I stopped that have slowly gained back up to 237lbs in the past 2 years which prompted me to come on here and start trying to lose weight again before I hit 240lbs. again.
CubJimm

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Tried Hydroxycut and Others, Did Not Notice Anything Reply with quote

I have tried hydroxycut and other dietary supplements in the past and never noticed anything from. So I do not know if they really help or not, I just know they did not seem to do anything for me personally. The best results I ever got dieting was a couple years back I had a personal trainer for about 8 weeks. He watched my diet and pushed me hard during exercise where I was always drenched in sweat and exhausted after one of his workouts. Back then I went from 245lbs to 220lbs. in 8 weeks. Since I stopped that have slowly gained back up to 237lbs in the past 2 years which prompted me to come on here and start trying to lose weight again before I hit 240lbs. again.
rayychill

Total Posts: 56

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of my friends got hooked on hydroxycut and developing really bad eating disorders because of their addiction to it. I took hydroxycut when I was younger and had a really bad reaction to it... the entire left side of my body went entirely numb, including my gums and tongue. Scary stuff. Losing weight is supposed to be for good health and diet pills really counter-act that goal
minus100

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: hydroxy cut works Reply with quote

I've finished 2 bottles of hydroxycut and have lost 3 inches of my waist already. You cant just take the pills and still eat crappy and expect it to work. While taking the pills I run for 3-4 miles a day (20-30 mins) and do other work outs also. I would highly recommend this product. I haven't experienced any side effects such as acne on my back (so ive heard) or depression. Just as with any diet pill, you have to work out and eat healthy. Hvaing a big mac then blaming the pill for not working isn't exactly the right thing to do. If you truly are planning to get back in shape, take hydroxycut and plan you regimen. Hydroxycut works.
dalyceh

Total Posts: 592

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When will this thread die? Magic bullets may work in the short term with diet and extersize but diet and extersize are the part that works! It completely goes against moving toward a healthy life style. It isn't approved by the FDA and even weight loss meds that have been approved have caused really bad things to happen to people such as DEATH!!! Eat Right move more!!!

LesMoo

Total Posts: 797

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Exercising and eating right will lead you to weight loss. Why do you need to add a pill that may cause side effects, even if you aren't seeing any right now? How about just focusing on doing GOOD things for your body? How do you know that Hydroxycut is the source of your weight loss when you're also exercising and eating well? This surely doesn't sound like a very well-controlled experiment to me...

reneesman

Total Posts: 193

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoken like a true scientist Leslie. I the the diet and exercise is the only way to truly achieve the balance that the body needs.

I know I can, I know I can.....
kemmeli

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried Hydroxycut and it made me feel sick to my stomach for days and then I couldn't sleep at night, which made me not want to exercise.
I lost more weight just by watching what I ate and exercising, and I feel great! I will never try anything like that again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com