HELP!! I have mirror fear.     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lessismorein06

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: HELP!! I have mirror fear. Reply with quote

I hate to see my reflection in a mirror Shocked I try to stop at the neck, but that is pretty much impossible. I try to "put on my face" but then sometimes think why bother? I have always had a distorted view of myself. I feel like I am the biggest person in a crowded room, even when I am not.
In the last 2 months, I have lost 12 lbs and am really pumped about it!! I feel like I could really start to change my mirror image. Very Happy My clothes are a little looser on me and I don't feel like 2 lbs of bologna in a one pound bag. Laughing There is so much encouragement on these boards and I have found some great buddies that are very motivating.
So all in all, I am doing well, but I still don't look in the mirror any more than I have to!!
Do others feel this way, too?? Confused
tag0325

Total Posts: 23

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: mirror-phobia Reply with quote

I can relate Less! The mirror is what brought me to this site last week. I realized that I was bigger than I was 12 years ago when I was 9 months pregnant. Fortunately, with the help of everyone here, I'm down a few pounds and I feel great! It's going to be a long road but I'm glad I have my buddies to keep me going!!

Terri

**Meal Skipper ** All or Nothing Doer ** Self Scrutinizer**
mackadoodle

Total Posts: 1342

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY LESSISMORE and TAG!! I used to feel the same way! You might enjoy my post, on this same board. I wrote it a few months ago, so its quite a ways down...but its titled,
"GRABBIN THE FLAB BY THE HANDFULS".

I wrote it during a turning point in my fat-loss journey. And I have been making steady progress ever since. I hope you enjoy it.
doubletwins

Total Posts: 158

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirror Fear!!! I just do cursory glances. I've had that fear for years. I usually even turn sideways when I do look - not so wide!!!

Mack is doing great. She's been here longer and we will do better too. Maybe we'll like what we see in a few months.

Congrats on the 12 lbs.
mackadoodle

Total Posts: 1342

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI DOUBLETWINS!
Thank you, I do well most of the time...but I still have my struggles & battles...otherwise I would be much farther along by now.

HOWEVER...the post I was referring to, "Grabbin the Flab by the Handfuls",
was written back when I was still pretty close to my heaviest. Its not about being thrilled with what I see in the mirror. Its about facing it...and fighting it...instead of running away from it.
And I thought it was kinda funny too.

I just thoght that anyone who hates mirrors, might enjoy my "article". Wink

And yes you will reach your goals...you're already coming along quite nicely. Very Happy
lessismorein06

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Mirror Fear Reply with quote

Thanks y'all for your responses and encouragement. It really does help to know that others have the same fears.
Tag- Glad to hear that you are on the losing end now. It is hard to do, but I have cont'd to lose a little at a time.
Double- Sideways?!! That is even worse for me. Head on is bad enough, but sideways is something I definately avoid. But I am a work in progress as Mack said. Smile
and Mack- You are great. You are so helpful and your posts are fun. I checked back and found the Grabbin' the Flab post and it was so true. I have that same mirror outside the shower. Almost want to cover it with the towel Embarassed I will try to do what you did, and take a good long look and really see myself. I do have an image problem, never feel as good as someone else, but I am getting better. Takes time.
Hope everyone is behaving and taking care of themselves for a change. I am trying. Very Happy
mrsb147

Total Posts: 208

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ladies, I always tried to focus on the face while looking in the mirror.
Unfortunately at the YMCA they have a full length mirror in the changing room. I happen to look a few weeks ago after I changed into my bathing suit OOUUCCHHH!!!! MY BUTT IS SOOO BIG!!! Was all I could think.
I didn't even want to go to the water aerobics class after that. I did go...
and ever since then I can't stop looking inthe mirror. I'm focusing on the changes that are happening. My stomach flattening out (will take alot longer but its happening) My face is thinner and most importantly (to me)
My Butt is starting to shrink. GRAB THE FLAB!!! I wish I could pull it off!!!
It will shrink just stay positive!! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 50 to 100 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com