Dusting off the food journal     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoryO

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Dusting off the food journal Reply with quote

Hi all! I just joined this morning and am hoping to find support for my return to mindful eating. I credit my most successful weight loss effort (38 pounds, kept off for more than a year) to my food journal, which was less about calorie tracking and more about tracking physical hunger and the emotional reasons behind my eating.

I am 47, married with two daughters and work as a freelance business writer by day (novel writer by night). I am back up to my high weight again (193 pounds) and want to lose 30.

I'm looking to find some people I can check in with regularly to give/get support, so if you're interested in forming a group or becoming buddies, please let me know!
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1097

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were tracking in such a smart way - by hunger and emotions. I bet you learned some interesting insights from that, in addition to losing weight!

I'm interested to learn more about you - what sort of novel are you working on? Smile Do you have an exercise or activity routine? I learn most of my workouts and exercises from Diet.com videos!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
DoryO

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bailey,
I haven't been exercising but I know I need to. I'm trying very hard to build the food journal habit first. I feel like that's key for me, and I keep forgetting to do it!

I have a draft of a YA fantasy novel that I am getting ready to send to agents. I'm also working on a Middle Grade realistic fiction novel, but that one is in early stages.

Are you a writer, too?

Dory
Smile
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1097

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dory,
How's the food tracking been going this week? Good, I hope! Noticing any interesting patterns in mood/eating?

Your writing sounds very interesting! I'm a writer I suppose, but not of stories. I really enjoy blogging and free-writing Smile

Bailey
Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> New to Diet.com Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com