Hi Fellow Dieters!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoey.qazxsw

Total Posts: 8

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Hi Fellow Dieters! Reply with quote

Hi,

I am Zoey and I am looking forward to reading your posts and reading the information provided to me on this website. I have read some articles and found them most helpful it gives me faith!

My Story:

Female
Age 52
Height: 5 ft. 1 inch
Weight: 286 pounds
BMI: 54.03

That's hard to admit, I have to make my own clothes to have stylish clothes that fit.

I just lost control, 26 years ago I was 117 pounds wearing Calvin Klein skinny jeans. I knew nothing about healthy eating and I ate poorly. Over the years my focus was on work and fun and I paid little attention to my health and diet.

I even gave myself high blood pressure at one time and the doctor put me on a medication. I asked him what I had to do to get off the pills and he told me what to do. I did what he said and he took me off the pills when he was satisfied. He sent me to a Nutritionist and that's how I became interested in food and nutrition. I've been reading about it every since but I'm still fat.

I eat healthy food but I eat too much and I still eat bad foods. I know it's bad and I don't want to eat it but I do. My BF brings it into the house and since, I'm not going to get rid of him, I have to get rid of my urges and desires to eat the junk that is mostly deserts and processed foods. He's probably not going to change (he's skinny) so I have to.

Well there it is. I'm hoping to make some changes in my brain to make me a healthier and better person and live a longer life.

Thanks for listening,

Zoey

Conscious
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1097

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Zoey!
Welcome to Diet.com, we're so happy to have you join us Smile The fact that you are already interested in learning about proper nutrition gives you a leg up!

Hopefully you can get your boyfriend on board with eating less processed junk foods - just because he's skinny doesn't mean he's being healthy! He could probably learn a thing or two from you!

Looking forward to getting to know you more -

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
Zoey.qazxsw

Total Posts: 8

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the Welcome that feel good!!! Reply with quote

Hi CSL-Bailey,

Thank You for the nice welcome. I'm looking forward to unloading a bunch of junk from my trunk. The more I learn about nutrition the more I convey to my BF. We're getting to the age that our friends are starting to drop and are getting sick one just died of cancer who was younger than us.

My BF already had a heart stint in one of his major arteries it was 90% blocked. He was scared straight for a while and he was eating right. He stopped smoking and hasn't started again. It's been a few years and he's falling back into his old habits dragging me down.

I need to be stronger than that and I take total blame for my actions. We just had a discussion not more than 20 minutes ago and I told him, I get so mad at myself for dipping into his snacks and I really did feel real anger for the first time. Maybe, that's where I begin. Luckily my health is excellent and no ailments except for being obese and humiliated.

I've been practicing eating healthy foods to where I don't mind them at all now. I had a tough time with Kale and squash but I eat them almost daily now.

Minutes ago I started a blog here called, "Zoey's Journey One Step At A Time". I'm going to do an 8 week weight loss program and weigh in every week and try to post a little something everyday.

Thanks again for the Welcome I appreciate your time!

Zoey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> New to Diet.com Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com