Having trouble with my meals     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moralesrose4

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Having trouble with my meals Reply with quote

I normally take diet pills to lose weight quickly, but as we all know, the weight comes back just as quickly as it left. This time I decided to try diet.com hoping I can get away from the diet pills and start learning how to lead a more nutritious/balanced lifestyle for my family and myself. That being said, I have a really hard time with meals because I'm such a picky eater; I don't like milk, eggs, or fish, which most nutritious meals include. I'm a very boring eater; chicken, turkey, pork and beef is pretty much what I stick to. Can you help me and my picky eating habits?
DietitianConsult
Site Admin

Total Posts: 1989

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Welcome to diet.com! I commend you for taking a more food-based approach to weight loss!

As for your food dislikes, you can always substitute a food suggested in the meal plan for a similar calorie food that you enjoy more. That being said, maybe this is an opportunity for you and your family to try some new foods! If it's not related to allergies, it might make your weight loss journey a little more exciting. That being said, I totally respect disliking certain foods, and it takes a lot to "force" yourself to try foods you've never liked.

I think it's important to not overwhelm yourself by setting too many lofty goals, it'll just set yourself up for failure. What I would suggest is to start off by replacing foods you don't like with foods you do and just get used to the meal plan. Then, once you get into a routine, try incorporating a new food once or twice a week and see how it goes.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!

Meghan McCarron,MS,RD,LDN

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com