Lost one pound a week and then BAM four up pounds in 1 week     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lorraine_bassett

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Lost one pound a week and then BAM four up pounds in 1 week Reply with quote

I started bootcamp in September 2014 and dieting in January 2015. Inside of 10 weeks, I lost 10 pounds - 159 --149. Last week I weighed myself and for no explicable reason, my weight was up five pounds. I've gone from so motivated to completely wanting to give up on trying. Here is what I did:

a) I tracked my food intake with myfitnesspal to try and stay within 1200 per day

b) I also tracked my exercise and adjusted accordingly

c) I do bootcamp 3 x week, plus just added in 2x Taekwondo

I did note around the time of this up, I had a massive craving for sugar which I did not have over the last months. To fill that craving, I had some chocolate (probably more than I should), BUT a five pound weight gain.

So I have joined your website to see if I can gain some guidance into what is going on with my body. Why after so much momentum I have gone in the other direction.

I do not eat junk food, fast food, sodas, work out diligently etc. I'm all ears if you have tips
DietitianConsult
Site Admin

Total Posts: 1989

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I definitely understand your frustration! There are a few possible explanations for this switch in the scale. For starters, there's a good chance that you've gained some muscle with all the exercise you're doing...and muscle weighs more than fat, so having some weight gain can just be related to a change in your body. Secondly, muscle burns more calories than fat, so you may actually need to increase your calories slightly to meet your basic calorie needs.

Even with the weight gain, are your clothes still fitting better? I know weight is a good way to track how you're doing, but it's not the only way. Since you're doing so great on both fronts (diet and exercise), I may start looking more at waste size than number on the scale.

As far as the chocolate is concerned, I don't think that's to blame for the weight gain. Even on a strict diet it's ok to indulge a little...it's actually beneficial to keep you on track.

You're doing great and don't get too affected by what the scale says (I know, easier said than done Smile) But all I can say is keep up the good work!

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!

Meghan McCarron,MS,RD,LDN

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com