Meal Plans and Recipes     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Songbirdcaon

Total Posts: 12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Meal Plans and Recipes Reply with quote

Hi, new here and have a question. For the most part my menu has things I like on it, but for things I don't like (spaghetti squash for example) how do I make substitutions and put them on my menu?

I am a Lippy Lady who is not giving up.
DietitianConsult
Site Admin

Total Posts: 1989

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Welcome to diet.com! Foods in the meal plan can definitely be swapped out for things you prefer or like better. The most important part is to keep the calories of your substitution similar to the foods in the meal. Spaghetti squash is pretty low in calories (~25 calories per cup), making it a tough thing to sub calorie for calorie, however, a few other "pasta" alternative suggestions I have are shredded zucchini or broccoli slaw instead of the spaghetti squash. There are a few low carb pastas on the market as well, but they'll still be higher in calories. For instances like this, it may just make more sense to swap out the food with another vegetable to keep the calories the same.

If you have any other questions about food swaps, let me know how I can help you!

Thanks!

Meghan McCarron,MS,RD,LDN

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com