Stomach and hips     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim.b

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Stomach and hips Reply with quote

Hi,

Please could someone tell me how to loose weight around the stomach and hips. I do 20 minutes jogging and a 20 minute workout similar the one on this website. I am also on 1500 calorie diet. I have lost 1 stone but my hips and stomach look the same. Any advice would be great.
DietitianConsult
Site Admin

Total Posts: 1989

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

There's no single food to make sure you eat or avoid at all costs to help with your belly and hips. You're already doing great things; exercising and diet. You could try increasing your exercise by 5 minutes or increase the intensity if you're able to.

Aside from that, you want to make sure you're getting enough fiber throughout the day: a goal of 25 grams per day, and limit the simple sugars and excess carbohydrates in your diet. Anything extra you're consuming gets stored as fat for later use. Because you're following a calorie-restricted diet, you're probably not consuming too much extra carbohydrate, but take a look at your meal choices and try and swap out anything that's essentially empty calories with something fiber-rich. For example, instead of a yogurt, try a smoothie loaded with fruit, some greens and oats or ground flax. You'll still get the protein and calcium, but a lot more fiber than you would otherwise.

The other thing to keep in mind is to make sure you're getting enough sleep. This can be tough, but it's so important for your metabolism, among many other things.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!

Meghan McCarron,MS,RD,LDN

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com