Hello!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gkeo

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

So, the new year and a new beginning.
In the last four years I have lost fifty pounds. My goal is to loose eighty pounds from my original weight four years ago.

After Christmas I have put on a substantial amount of weight, which I am incredibly upset and shocked about. I have only myself to blame, I've lost my focus and I'm finding it incredibly difficult to get back on track.

Which is why I am here asking for your help Smile

The last thirty pounds have been hovering over my head for the past year now, in a kind of Mexican stand off. This Christmas weight gain could be the kick in the arse I need to get me back in gear.

I'm just finding it difficult to say no to things now, I've lost a lot of confidence and I need to break some new bad habits that have crept in.

Hope I'll be able to finish off my last thirty pounds with you!
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1023

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Gkeo!
First of all, congratulations on your tremendous weight loss thus far. The weight you've already lost will serve as a reminder that you CAN do it. Know that many, many people face what you are facing - a plateau! Now let's see how we can break that plateau Wink

Good for you for identifying that you have some positive changes to make in your life. You said you have some "new bad habits" to break - what are some of these bad habits? At Diet.com we really encourage you to set mini-goals, and to tackle changes one-by-one. It makes it much easier to progress and succeed when you're knocking off tasks on by one, rather than taking them all on at once!

So it's good for you to identify some of these new bad habits, lay out a plan, and a timeline for tackling them. For example, if you know you don't drink enough water, you could say, "I want to start carrying a water bottle with me throughout the day this whole week." From there you can progress to, "I want to drink 60 oz of water each day," or "I'll make water my go-to beverage for meals, instead of soda/juice/wine, etc."

We have a Weight Loss Challenge beginning on Monday Jan 9 that will run for 6 weeks. It should prove to be a great forum for you to set mini-goals, as well as to set rewards for yourself, for every mini-goal you reach. I hope you'll join!

Also, try starting a blog in our Blogs section - it's a wonderful way to get the support and encouragement of your fellow Diet.com members and our supportive weight loss community Smile

Can't wait to hear more from you!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
Gkeo

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thank you for your advise Very Happy

Yep, I've started a blog and a food diary and everything and feel like I'm on the right track. I've been subscribed to this site for 7 years no...(whoa!) I've always read the newsletters but I'm so glad I've come as a interacting member now!

Water is a big thing for me- I really need to drink more, thank you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> New to Diet.com Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com