New to Diet.com, and ready for some changes!!!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cedwards23

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: New to Diet.com, and ready for some changes!!! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!!!

Im new here and just thought I'd say hello.

Over the past few years, I have gained around 40lbs. Some of it was related to quitting smoking (the first healthy choice I made in my life) but the majority of it comes from eating too much and not being active.

Looking at me you might not know that I've gained that much weight, but I can feel it on me, see it on the scale and Im ready for a change!

I've joined a local gym, but dont have the money for the personal or group training programs that they offer. So I guess Im looking for a buddy or two who can offer pointers, support, and some one that I can be "accountable" to. (I know that having someone like that helped me when I used an online forum to quit smoking 3 years ago.)

Looking forward to "meeting" you!

~C
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1023

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there cedwards,
Welcome to Diet.com! Good for you for making this step towards becoming a healthier and happier you!

Congratulations on kicking the smoking habit!!! Talk about a BIG boost to your health!

You've come to a great place to begin to learn exercise moves you can do at the gym or at your home. The fitness videos on Diet.com (which you can find right up in the top navigation) are incredibly, incredibly, super duper helpful. I've learned soooo much valuable information from them. There are hundreds of videos, so you can do a search for certain body parts (i.e. search for "abs" or "shoulders" in the videos section) and you'll find a bunch of videos that each fit your needs.

http://www.diet.com/videos/

Another great fitness tool that I use all the time in shaping my own workouts, is our Diet.com Workout Builder. You can find that in the top navigation also, under TOOLS. There, you can sort through over 100 different exercise demos by which part of the body they work or what kind of equipment they require. I use the library of exercises there to mix 'n match to build a workout. Sometimes, I follow along with the Workout Builder after I've built an exercise routine, and do the workout right in my home. Other times, I'll plan my workout using the Workout Builder, and then take that routine with me to the gym.

http://www.diet.com/workout/

You don't need to be able to afford a personal trainer, or even a gym membership, with the terrific fitness resources that you can use right here on Diet.com for free. I know that the videos, exercise demos, and even our Fitness Expert Blogs (which you can browse through by clicking on EXPERTS in the top nav) have all been incredibly helpful to me in building my own knowledge base about fitness.

To stay accountable, I suggest you head on over to our Diet Blogs section (find it under WEIGHT LOSS COMMUNITY). There you'll find tons of other dieters just like you who have come to Diet.com for support, knowledge and accountability! I encourage you to check out others' blogs, maybe offer them some supportive comments, and then jump right in and begin a blog yourself!

Good luck, and I'd love to hear how you make out with the fitness tools and information here on Diet.com! Hopefully I'll hear about it over in the blogs section! Smile

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink

Last edited by CSL-Bailey on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Diz1

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not agree w/ Bailey more in regards to the Blogs. The "responsibility" of keeping the blog community up to date w/ your progress is a great motivational tool to stay on track.

While I want to lose weight for myself... reporting in daily on my activity/diet, and weekly on my weigh in gives me a little more motivation because I WANT to be able to post GOOD news.

Definitely a great tool to keep you focused!
bmitchell123

Total Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Welcome! Reply with quote

This site is a good tool for me as well. The diet.com community has been so helpful and to be able to report information on a regular basis and people respond and give you positive feedback and suggestions helps me so much with trying to lose the weight.

Cool Welcome!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> New to Diet.com Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com