FitFlops     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormy Moon

Total Posts: 686

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: FitFlops Reply with quote

Does anyone have or heard of these FitFlops that are supposed to give your legs a better workout when walking? Confused
http://www.blissworld.com/category/brands/fitflop.do

XO
missmomofkja

Total Posts: 212

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmm, never heard of them. I checked out the link you posted...they look a little umcomfortable to me. Not sure Confused I want to hear if anyone has tried these!! Anyone....anyone Wink

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do."
tigersi

Total Posts: 770

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, with summer quickly approaching, I have been looking at these too! I would love to hear if anyone has tried them! I'm fortunate to be able to wear something like this to work, so the idea of working my legs a little extra just by changing the shoes that I wore that day is really tempting... I don't know how much it counts for, but I did see them featured on Oprah one day...

Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

THOMAS ALVA EDISON
Stormy Moon

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You saw them on Oprah? I missed that! I'm going to see if she has anything on her website and I'll let you know if I find something good. Laughing

XO
Stormy Moon

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't really find much about them except that Heidi Klum likes them. Laughing

XO
Flowers_for_Evadne

Total Posts: 8

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, they sounds a little too much like a "wonder" product to me. Well, I guess this article says it all, I found it while researching. Read up ladies! Educate before commitment!

http://ezinearticles.com/index.php?The-Truth-About-Fit-Flops&id=1066608

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtCNRIg/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wtCNRIg/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
tigersi

Total Posts: 770

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great article! Thanks! It really did answer some of my questions about them. Of course, I wouldn't use them to replace my daily workouts, I can't believe that a shoe can make THAT much of a difference. But I do have rather flat feet, so that is definitely a concern for me.

Thanks, Flowers_for_Evadne!!

Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

THOMAS ALVA EDISON
Stormy Moon

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the article! I wasn't going to use them to replace my workout either. My legs need a lot of help in the toning departmaent and thought they could help me out some there! I have flat feet too so I probably won't get them. Laughing Laughing Laughing

XO
Flowers_for_Evadne

Total Posts: 8

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy You're welcome!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtCNRIg/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wtCNRIg/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
JennyMunich

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: I am surprised Reply with quote

Hey there,

i only registered here to talk to you girls Wink.
It is amazing. You were talking about the fitflops in the spring of this year. Nobody knew the fitflops in Germany at that early time. Nobody but me! xD.

I am really enthusiastic (about / of? Sorry for my english :/) the fitflops, not about the minimal effects it takes on the skin or the muscles, but on the feeling of walking!

Do you have any reports, experiences or photos for me? I am building a big fan site for the fitflops. You can reach it @ www.fitness-fuss.de (also check out www.fitwear-shop.de ). The site is completly in german. I would by amused if you send me your stuff to *jenny AT fitness-fuss.de*.

My best wishes from munich
Jenny

Last edited by JennyMunich on Mon May 13, 2013 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
pacronin

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Fitflops Reply with quote

I bought a pair and wear them quite a bit. I don't think they really do much as far as "toning", and they were really uncomfortable at first (too tight across the top of my foot), but once I broke them in they became really comfy to walk in, they stay "fit" on your feet like tennies, but let your feet breathe like sandles. I even wear them while I'm doing my eliptical. The least expensive place I found them was Bath & Body Works of all places - they had some discontinued colors that were reasonably priced. After all - you're not wearing them to make a fashion statement so you might as well get a deal Laughing
SLSMom

Total Posts: 37

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to join in with the people who like FitFlops. I bought them last year because I like the idea of flipflops but can't really wear them much because they have no support whatsoever. I too found them a bit to tight at first, but have worked through that. I really like the support they give and the way they engage my muscles in walking. I can't say there's any toning happening (not that I could tell under all the extra padding) but I can tell the muscles are working.

And for those it may help, I have back issues (has surgery 4 years ago and now have arthritis in my spine), have chronic left ankle instability (from repeated sprains and a fracture that separated the tendon or ligament or whatever it is that attaches to bone from the bone on the ankle), and am a big girl so if they work for me...

SLSMom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com