1st post! Walked 2 miles today, a bit discouraging!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you lost a significant amount of weight from walking?
YES
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
NO
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

leeslove

Total Posts: 40

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: 1st post! Walked 2 miles today, a bit discouraging! Reply with quote

Hello, this is my first post... I really just started diet.com, even though i signed up a while ago... Started going to the high school track n field... and the other day i walked 6 times around two different times of the day... for a total of 8 times around= 3 miles... on my day off...

today i worked, but wanted to get out there. Went around 8 times = 2 miles. Last time i was all alone on the track and i jogged when i could, walking when i was out of breath. Very Happy

This time i went at 6:45 pm... and just as i was showing up, there were 2 young girls at the same time... then a man in his 50s... but then about 6 laps in, all these cars with two woman each started coming... there were 12 people on the track before i left... Confused

ALL OF THEM THIN!!! Mad

So i'm looking around at all these people, the younger ones were jogging, and i'm so discouraged... Crying or Very sad

Here i was thinking how great 2 miles of walking was, and this full track is throwing my peacfull "meditation" off... Sad

On the way out i was looking to see how many people were there, and i fell, skinning my left knee and twisting my right ankle Embarassed And no one even knowticed me or asked if i was allright! Crying or Very sad

Does anyone know how many calories a 250 pound person burns walking 2 miles?
niemand88f

Total Posts: 47

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry you had a bad experience today! Don't let it discourage you!!! Walking is awesome, some weeks it is the only exercise I get, and I still lose usually.

About how long did it take you? 30 minutes? 35 or 40? I walk 2 miles in about 28 minutes, and at 153 pounds I burn approximately 150 calories. I think you probably would burn more, I would guess at least 200 calories. Try plugging it into diet.com's exercise tracker, it will give you a better approximation.
leeslove

Total Posts: 40

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: ABOUT HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU? Reply with quote

HELLO, THOUGHT I ALREADY ANSWERED THIS POST... BUT MAYBE I DID SOMETHING WRONG... THE FIRST TIME I WENT WALKING I GUESSED MY TIME ON THE COMPUTER, BECAUSE IT DIDN'T DAWN ON ME TO TIME... Rolling Eyes

THE SECOND TIME... IT TOOK ME 40 MINUTES TO DO 2 MILES (A BIT OF JOGGING MIXED IN)... Wink YES, I WILL "PLUG IT IN"... ALTHOUGH I DON'T EXACTLY KNOW HOW YET Confused ... IT'LL COME... Very Happy

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOU TIME AND CONSIDERATION, GOD BLESS! Wink

PRAISE JESUS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com