Hi, trying something new     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject: Hi, trying something new Reply with quote

Hi, my name is Hailey. I'm in my mid-30's and have always been a little on the heavier side. The last few years have been very stressful for me and it's starting to really show in my weight. I really enjoy being outside walking around, but rarely have the drive to do so. I work long hours and have like 10 great places to eat around me and none of them are very good for me.

I've been stuck in my sedentary and eating habits for a while now and just want to break the cycle... So that's why I'm trying to reach-out and see what has worked for others. I'm new to blogs/forums, a bit shy, and not very social, but I will try to keep involved here.

This is the first time i'm really going to try to put some effort into doing something about my fat ass and could use some tips and advice from people who are having some success in their weight loss progress.

Total Posts: 1097

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hailey! It's so great that you're reaching out for support - no one should go it alone when there are so many others out there like you who struggle with the same things.

Recognizing a sedentary lifestyle and *wanting* to make a change are two of the most important ingredients for turning things around. It doesn't have to be an entire lifestyle overhaul all at once - in fact, trying to do that will probably set you up for becoming overwhelmed! We always recommend that folks start out by identifying small changes they can make, and creating mini-goals based around those small changes. Small changes to your unhealthy habits can build up to huge successes over time.

So maybe you can aim to try to fit in 10 minutes of walking, 3 times a day. Or maybe you want to aim to reduce the fast food you consume, or increase the water you're drinking. These are all just examples - you can pick the best mini-goals for yourself!!

Excited to hear more from you, and help encourage you along!! Don't be shy about starting a blog with us, either!

All the best,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> New to Diet.com Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com