just getting started     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
barbwatts67

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: just getting started Reply with quote

Today I sign up to change my life. I'm at my all time highest weight and instead of the numbers getting higher, I want to see them go the other way. I am trying this because I need all the support and motivation I can get. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1097

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Barb! Welcome to Diet.com and good for you for committing to YOURSELF! There are so many resources and tools here on Diet.com to help you reach your goals. I'd love to hear more about you - your lifestyle, what kinds of foods you typically eat, if you do any exercising yet, etc. There are tons of healthy recipes and workout resources here, plus blogs and boards and support groups to help you get the most out of the community aspect of the site Smile

Take a look at the Weight Loss Success Stories (under the Weight Loss Community tab up there ^^) for some extra motivation! There, you'll be able to read the stories of real-life women and men who have made lifestyle changes to achieve the weight loss success they desired.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about you Barb!!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
barbwatts67

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: thanks for the warm welcome. Reply with quote

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am a mother of three (ages 22,20 and 5. I also have guardianship of my 2 year old granddaughter, and another grandchild due in Sept.). I have no energy and my life style is fairly simple. I can't afford the gym and tend to eat foods that don't cost much which really are not good for you. I need to learn how to prepare good healthy meals on a shoestring budget.
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1097

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Barb,
I hope you're doing well!

We have an expert blogger, Cheryl Tallman, who posts a lot of family-friendly advice. You can check out her blogs here:

http://www.diet.com/dietblogs/read_blog_expert.php?uid=1033534&expert=cheryl-tallman

Looking forward to hearing from you again soon Smile Visit us over in the Member Blogs section, too!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> New to Diet.com Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com