Hi, I'm new to diet.com.     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLMcKean

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Hi, I'm new to diet.com. Reply with quote

Hello. I am starting my diet.com plan tomorrow. I know how to eat healthy. I just need some motivation to get on track. I've been overweight for quite a few years. I am about 20 lbs less from my heaviest. I love healthy foods but I have a problem with portion control and carbs.
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1097

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there! Welcome to Diet.com Smile We're so glad to have you joining our community!

I agree that changing your idea of what is a proper portion can be tricky. The good news is that once you begin to change your portion sizes, you'll be able to re-train your stomach and brain to know what is the amount of food you need to feel full and satisfied. It's all about making baby steps to change a big habit.

There are lots of resources on Diet.com to help you improve your "portion size" know-how. Check out the "Understanding Portions" guide within the Chef's Essentials links on the right-hand side of our Recipes page: http://www.diet.com/recipes/

There are also some good tips in this blog:
http://www.diet.com/dietblogs/read_blog.php?title=How+to+Feel+Satisfied+with+Your+Diet&blid=29918

Looking forward to hearing more from you soon!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
dathey1962

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: New To diet.com Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,
I have tried all the plans before---Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Diet Workshop and NutriSystem. They do work but are very costly.

I know how to do this, hard to stay motivated.

I found this website while I was searching for menu ideas. I am looking forward to the information provided and knowing that you can buy "regular" food and not pre-packaged from a center.

Now that I am over 50, it is time to take charge and take care of me. 10 pounds at a time is my goal. Portion control and walking are going to be my focus.

I look forward to hearing from everyone. Smile
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1097

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there! Welcome welcome Smile

Losing 10 pounds at a time is a great goal - and we definitely encourage you to set a reward for yourself as well, for each mini-goal that you meet!

Walking is one of my favorite forms of exercise, personally. Being outside in the fresh air and walking briskly is something I try to do as often as possible! Are you familiar with Leslie Sansone? She has really popular walking programs, and she also has blogged on Diet.com in the past:

http://www.diet.com/dietblogs/read_blog_expert.php?uid=874641

Speaking of menu ideas... I hope you'll also notice that one of our Nutrition Experts posted a blog today called "7 Days of Healthy Meals":

http://www.diet.com/dietblogs/read_blog.php?title=7+Days+of+Healthy+Meals&blid=15111

Of course, Diet.com also has a Premium Membership which includes Meal Plans, Exercise Plans, Monthly Motivational Calendars, a weekly premium newsletter, and one-on-one diet and menu consultations with our Registered Dietitian! You can find out more about that Premium Program anytime by clicking on the Diet Plans tab up there ^^ in the top navigation!

Annnnd because I want you to do well and succeed, I will even give you a bonus coupon code to upgrade to a Premium Membership for 25% off! That coupon code is TRYDIET, and you can use it at checkout if you decide to upgrade.

Come check out the Member Blogs section to chat with more community members there! Find the blogs by clicking on Weight Loss Community >> Member Blogs from the top navigation up there ^^

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
BrendaOxenreider

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: New To diet.com Reply with quote

dathey1962 wrote:
Hello Everyone,
I have tried all the plans before---Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Diet Workshop and NutriSystem. They do work but are very costly.

I know how to do this, hard to stay motivated.

I found this website while I was searching for menu ideas. I am looking forward to the information provided and knowing that you can buy "regular" food and not pre-packaged from a center.

Now that I am over 50, it is time to take charge and take care of me. 10 pounds at a time is my goal. Portion control and walking are going to be my focus.

I look forward to hearing from everyone. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> New to Diet.com Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com