*waves*     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
limichelle32

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: *waves* Reply with quote

Hello,

My name is Lisa and I am 31 years of age. I have been battling weighing more then one-hundred pounds for nine years! Very frustrating. I have tried every 'diet' there was to man and wasted thousands of dollars! I weigh 293 and I even know what it's like to get above 300!
I am sick of losing the same ten pounds over and over again. So I am here to change my way of thinking, build healthy habits and lose the ten pounds plus more and keep going!

Nice to meet you!
Lisa
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1097

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lisa! Welcome to Diet.com!
It sounds like you really want to make a lasting, healthy change. That's wonderful!

I'd recommend breaking down your overall weight loss goal into smaller mini-goals. That will keep your momentum high and keep you from feeling overwhelmed. Try setting 10-lb goals, with a specific, realistic deadline for when you'd like to reach each goal. And be sure to set a reward for yourself for when you reach each goal!

It will help to try to identify a few key habits that you think have prevented you from lasting weight loss in the past. What are your eating and exercising habits like? It doesn't have to be overwhelming to get started with a new routine - we always encourage baby steps here on Diet.com Smile

I can't wait to hear more from you - now I'm going to head over and read your first blogs!!!

Take care - let's chat soon!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
kampala_nic

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: I'm new here. Reply with quote

Hi Lisa,

I'm struggling with the same things. I have never "dieted," because I'm afraid to fail. I'm here just checking things out... Hopefully with a little support from people like me, I'll be able to lose the weight. I am currently 90 pounds over my ideal weight. I don't even know when it all snuck up on me. Just wanted to say hi to someone who sounds so much like me. Smile

Nicole
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1097

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Nicole!
Welcome to Diet.com Smile So happy to have you!!

Even though we are "Diet.com" we are not about fad diets or even really the idea of "going on a diet." We believe that your healthy diet is a lifestyle - something that you become better at all the time, something that you can sustain for life!

A healthy diet won't leave you feeling deprived and it will keep you energized and satisfied! It's all about re-learning eating habits so that you begin to swap out the unhealthy foods for healthier ones that will not only taste yummy, but will give your body energy.

I hear you on your "not wanting to fail"... but let's get one thing out of the way right up front: No one is perfect - not even the "healthiest" person in the world does everything perfectly 100% of the time. It's not only unreasonable to want to be perfect, it's unattainable and unhealthy! Sometimes we'll slip up, sometimes we'll miss a workout, sometimes we'll eat some junk food. But it's what you do "most of the time" that really determines how healthy we are. I encourage you to start off by learning the 80/20 rule: If you make healthy choices 80% of the time, it's ok if 20% of the time you make less healthy choices. Aim to make most of your choices healthy ones, and you'll be on a great path.

Also, I like to tell all of our members to break down their overall goal into smaller mini-goals. You don't want to try to tackle all of your habits at once - that will be just too overwhelming! Start off with setting some small goals - whether they're weight loss goals or lifestyle goals - and give yourself a deadline to reach each goal. Rewards are all part of the fun, so be sure to reward yourself for goals met.

I can't wait to hear more from you - check out our Member Blogs area for even more community!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> New to Diet.com Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com