Is twice a week OK?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rvrwldq

Total Posts: 253

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Is twice a week OK? Reply with quote

Last week my fatigue hit me really hard and I did my two one-hour classes of exercises that week (one water aerobics and one belly dancing), but nothing else.

Should I still struggle at times like that to exercise 5x a week, or being very non-active not long ago, is 2x a week OK?
leeslove

Total Posts: 40

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: Is twice a week OK? Reply with quote

rvrwldq wrote:
Last week my fatigue hit me really hard and I did my two one-hour classes of exercises that week (one water aerobics and one belly dancing), but nothing else.

Should I still struggle at times like that to exercise 5x a week, or being very non-active not long ago, is 2x a week OK?

HELLO, OK, PHYSICALLY, I HAVE NO IDEA, Question BUT PERSONALLY, I THINK YOU ARE DONING GOOD 2X A WEEK, HOWEVER, IT'S MENTALLY UP TO YOU... IF YOU ARE JUST LOOKING FOR APPROVAL OF 2X A WEEK, PEOPLE ARE NOT GOING TO POST TO TELL YOU YES, BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW YOUR MIND... OR YOU PHYSICAL LIMITS... Rolling Eyes

I THINK YOU SHOULDN'T BEAT YOURSELF UP, GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE, BUT ALWAYS BE STRIVING FOR MORE... THE DEVIL IS ALWAYS TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO ACCEPT THEIR MINIMUM... AND DOSN'T WANT YOU TO CHANGE FOR THE BETTER... Twisted Evil

IF YOU ARE QUESTIONING "IS IT GOOD ENOUGH", THEN YOU HAVEN'T WORKED TO YOUR FULL POTENTIAL... BECAUSE IF YOU HAD, YOU WOULDN'T BE ASKING THAT!! Confused

you KNOW when you have WORKED your HARDEST!!! Very Happy

IF THIS HELPED, I'M GLAD, IF THIS ANGERED YOU, TURN THAT ANGER INTO FUEL, AND WORK ALL THAT MUCH MORE...

I KNOW BECOMING MORE PHYSICAL CAN BE HARD, BUT IF YOU DON'T PUSH YOURSELF TO YOUR LIMITS, PEOPLE AROUND YOU ARE GOING TO BE WAITING FOR YOU TO QUIT!

IT'S REALLY UP TO YOU!! Very Happy

a WORKOUT is WORK... you just need to come to a point of choosing wether or not you WANT to do the WORK... Confused

i weigh 248 pounds, i KNOW how tough it can be... Mad

............it's really your choice..................

PRAISE JESUS!
niemand88f

Total Posts: 47

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: Is twice a week OK? Reply with quote

rvrwldq wrote:

I think 2x a week is ok when you really don't have time, or if your body needs a break. It sounds like the fatigue was your body telling you to rest! When you are fatigued you won't be working as hard anyway, and maybe could injure yourself. Do what you can! Smile
rvrwldq

Total Posts: 253

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!! Both of your posts helped!!

Leeslove, I wasn't looking for a "yes, 2x a week is wonderful" kind of answer... but wanted to know if 2x a week would give results.. or would've been as pointless as watching TV. Smile I guess I asked the question wrong, but your answer helped me nonetheless. Thanks!!
thistlej

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Keeping Working Out Reply with quote

If you are looking for results, 2x a week is not enough. If you want to lose weight, you should be working out at least 4x a week. As you work out more, you will have more stamina and be able to do more. Think of working out like practicing playing the piano. You get better as you do it. Good Luck
hello sunshine

Total Posts: 14

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: Keeping Working Out Reply with quote

thistlej wrote:
If you are looking for results, 2x a week is not enough. If you want to lose weight, you should be working out at least 4x a week. As you work out more, you will have more stamina and be able to do more. Think of working out like practicing playing the piano. You get better as you do it. Good Luck

Exactly! Also, you must have that desire and motivation to continue working out because in the long run, you will be very pleased with the result.
Spike99

Total Posts: 201

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reality, the mount of "time" for exercise is an individual body thing…

If one is an office worker and sits on their bum all day long, then 2 x 60 minute sessions is NOT enough. Actually, applying this interval at older age is risk of heart attack. For older age folks, 1 x 30 minutes of exercise each day is best.

If one is on their feet back/forth all day long (like a waitress or on-floor nurse), then exercising the legs more is bad on the body as well. For these folks, they need more core and more stretching. Like swimming, yoga body stretching type exercise. And, they might need cardio depth improvement to "burn away" internal emotional stress as well.

For my older age body, my doctor tells me to apply 3 x 45 minutes of exercise each day. Yes. 3 x 45 minutes "each day". 1 x 30 minutes of walking, 1 x 30 minutes of core / upper body (like shadow boxing) and 1 x 30 minute of "fun time" exercise. Like walking the dog, short distance peddle bike or swimming. Something that is more relaxing to my mind - instead of pushing my body. And during the day, apply small burst of exercises as well - like "running up" 2 flights of stairs. Or, doing raised calves while counting to 75 while brushing my teeth at night as well.

My doctor states that a "full balance of legs, core, upper body, cardio depth improvements and stretching is mandatory for all". Too much of one exercise task will burn its joints / muscles out. And, it will create sudden fatigue. This is why a runner can run 4 days in a row and on day 5, their entire body drops out / fatigues out. Perhaps doing running 1 day, muscle build the next day and "fun sport" the next day is better for them? And on day 4, their body goes back to full running again. Thus, giving it a nice balance - across its entire body…

As a suggestion, seriously understand your body (your unique body) as a machine and compare it against your normal daily life support tasks as well. If your body is getting enough xx tasks already, then perhaps it needs more of the other tasks. It needs "balance across all areas". Also... If your body is large (like large foot ball player size - like my body), then too much impact exercises is a BAD thing. This body shape needs more muscle build exercises with more core improvement tasks without joint impact tasks - jogging and skip rope jumping. Non-impact like swimming and walking on soft platform Treadmill is much better on this body type. Too much running day after day will burn out its ankles, shins and hips. Shin splits on large body person is often for life!!!

And remember… Exercise isn't about time. It's more about Quality. re: "custom quality - for your unique body after overlapping with your daily life support tasks". And, its about proper balance for your unique body shape as well...

Hope this helps...
mamawal11

Total Posts: 8

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Two times a week Reply with quote

Good for you! Fitting exercise into your schedule is always difficult to do. It's great that you always make time to stay healthy. What kind of program do you use?

" If you're tired of starting off, stop giving up" Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com