Gaining weight and very frustrated!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rvrwldq

Total Posts: 253

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Gaining weight and very frustrated! Reply with quote

I have been dieting for two weeks and have gained a pound! Crying or Very sad I've lost 30lbs but seriously can't shake these last 20 lbs. Please help!
islandgal42

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been trying to shake the last 20 pounds for what seems like forever. Months! I lost 30 lbs, but just can't get passed this plateau to lose the last 20. I exericse often, and I joke that I am the fittest fat person in my boot camp, but the eating part is what is killing me! Have you had any success in the last few months?
sam.palmer

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt get too stressed about it, getting worried about it will only make you feel worthless and kicking the diet and then putting back on the weight you incrediebly lost.
I am personally feeling this now I have 14 pounds left to shift and it is not moving anywhere!

I would look at what your eating, when your eating and how many times a week your exercising.
Maybe your eating too man calories? Maybe the exercise you were doing needs to be changed to a different one?
Spike99

Total Posts: 201

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries... Small up/down weight each week is normal.

My body weight can go up / down as much as 5 lbs each week as well. This is due to a variety of different reasons - including natural water gain. Even after my 4.5 mile jogs, my body weight can drop 2 lbs (within just a few short hours in the same day) - from natrual water loss.

Just keep doing what you are doing and eventually, the "average" weekly body weight will slowly go down. Sometimes only .5 lbs each week (or 2 lbs a month) but during the next month, your body could drop 10+ lbs (if eating the same and doing the same physical tasks). Some bodies are like that. re: Hang on, hang on, then all of a sudden, unexpected huge amount of weight loss. Yet - you weren't doing anything different.

To add more more "fun time" exercises into your daily routine (to help battle your body's natural comfort weight range), surf my post within http://www.diet.com/diet/viewtopic.php?t=11421

Hope this helps...

noyoyo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Gaining weight and very frustrated! Reply with quote

rvrwldq wrote:
I have been dieting for two weeks and have gained a pound! Crying or Very sad I've lost 30lbs but seriously can't shake these last 20 lbs. Please help!

Our weight fluctuates throughout the day so I wouldn't worry about a one or two pound weight-gain. What's important is that you stick to a healthy diet. I'm following the Eat-Clean Diet, which has me eating only whole, natural foods in the proper portions. I eat small meals every 2.5 to 3 hours, 5 or 6 times a day, which keeps my metabolism and energy high. I've cut out refined flours and sugars, artificial foods, diet foods and junk and fatty foods. Exercise is key too, but you can lose all your weight by simply eating lean protein paired with carbs such as fruits, veggies, and whole grains at each meal. I lost 10 pounds and I'm eating more!
Maja89

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Same Reply with quote

Same here i have lost about 35 pounds and now I am trying to shed of the my last 20 pounds. Its so hard i feel like im going no where I am not giving up
mamawal11

Total Posts: 8

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been shooting for 2 lbs each week which is deemed the healthy amount. I started dieting over 2 months ago but recently I began adding in more exercise and I'm seeing some great results. I lost 8 lbs in the month of january and plan to increase my exercise intensity in the month of february. Wish me luck!

" If you're tired of starting off, stop giving up" Smile
CherryPaulson

Total Posts: 13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last bit can be the hardest! Re-evaluate your methods then come up with a new plan! We can`t help you unless you tell us more about your current diet.
jane414

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Hi! Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Jane,
I allow to get into the conversation but I need to have some advices. I tried some weight loss programs but I regained weight. Today, I'm careful with the food and I eat healthy but I lose almost nothing. I'd like a way to boost my weight loss. Can you give me some tips? Thank you very much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Under 25 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com