Hi :)     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ele87

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Hi :) Reply with quote

Hello!

I'm a bit shy...

I'm on here because I really need to lose weight and need some support... I'm 156lbs so I need to lose about 40lbs... story of my life... I've been yo-yoing for years and years and now I've reached a point where I understood that only exercise and a healthy diet will make a change in the long term. I've lost about 8lbs in the past few months. I know I'm very slow... but it's because I have been tempted too much by social eating and binge drinking as I'm in uni... Now I decided to start getting serious once and for all. I will drink only once a week (and not beer or cider!) and will avoid eating crap when with friends, even at the restaurant. I really need a change.

I run and swim for now... I hope it is enough as exercise... I do 30 mins of swimming 2-3 times a week and am training to jog 3 times a week. I'll share my progresses about the jogging later on because for now they're quite depressing...

Basically I need some help, someone to share my frustrations and (hopefully) progress with. I am tired of feeling ugly just because of my weight! I want to feel good. I now know there are no magic tricks, no short cuts, no vomiting or fasting. Just help me keep motivated please Smile
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1023

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ele,
Welcome to Diet.com, and good for you for reaching out for support! Congrats on your 8lbs of weight loss so far! That's wonderful!

It sounds like you could really use our Member Blogs section - it'll be a GREAT place for you to report your progress, talk about your day-to-day diet/exercise, and get advice from your fellow Diet.com members. Find our blogs by clicking on the WEIGHT LOSS COMMUNITY tab up there ^^ in our top navigation.

It's great that you've identified a few key habits that you'd like to work on, and I hope you find Diet.com's many resources helpful to you on your journey! We have hundreds of fitness videos, categorized into several super helpful categories, like "No Equipment Workouts" or "Upper Body Exercises". You can find our Videos by clicking on nearly any tab up in our top navigation ^^ up there!

I also encourage you to check out our Weight Loss Success Stories for motivation. They're very inspiring! Find them under the WEIGHT LOSS COMMUNITY tab as well.

Good luck and I can't wait to hear more from you !

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> New to Diet.com Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com