The meal tracker is awful!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
db001990

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: The meal tracker is awful! Reply with quote

I feel like I am using 10 year old software. For the cost of the premium package I just paid for, this software should not be so out of date and most importantly it should WORK. It is like it was written by a software student or someone playing around with a program. There are other meal trackers that are FREE on the internet that are better than this one. Very frustrated and disappointed I paid so much money for this. Shocked
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1023

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there db -
I'm sorry to hear you're running into trouble with the tracker! Can you let me know what issues you're running into, so we can try to get them remedied?

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we can improve the site for our members!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
joni.j

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Meal Tracker Reply with quote

Yes so painfull I have to go to a free sight to get my calories etc and key everything in
My first day and trying to enter Oatmeal, with Almonds and Walnuts. Not oatmeal cookies and a cup of almonds ugh taken over an hour for one meal
veeDOT

Total Posts: 17

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: me too! Reply with quote

it's my first day - it's good to know that i'm not just sitting here braindead on how to use the site - i'm having trouble finding meals, when i search for them the wrong things come up, and i have to go to other websites to find out the fat & cal content - i like the support i'm finding on here and the info, the exercise calc. already factors in your calories burned, it'd be good to have a better meal tracker.
CSL-Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey veeDOT -

Can you give me an example of a food item you're searching for? I can give you tips on the best way to find it in our tracker!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
veeDOT

Total Posts: 17

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: food searches - Reply with quote

well i haven't tried something simple yet - i tried looking up the turkey cobb sandwich i had for lunch but when it came up the only choice was one from the "target food court" at almost 800 calories! what i had def wasn't that fattening, as i had to go look up what that was to see what was in it - so i searched around until i could find something equivalent to what i had for lunch - i think it's that so many different foods are done in different ways - like a ceasar salad is different depending on where you got it from - just another challenge, something to keep in mind.
CSL-Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there,
Yeah, things like "turkey cobb sandwich" will be a tricky thing to get an accurate estimate on, from using a meal tracker/calorie counter, if you're just typing in a type of sandwich! Especially if you got it out at a restaurant that doesn't post its calorie information.

For things you make at home, you'll still want to look up each ingredient in the sandwich to get a good estimate of the nutritional content of it. For example, you'd look up the 2 slices of bread, look up the sliced turkey, look up the mayonnaise, etc. It may seem tedious, but even tracking your food intake diligently for a couple of weeks will set you up for more success in the future. It's all about becoming more aware of the portions and caloric content of the foods you typically eat!

Please let me know if you run into any other trouble with the tracker, as I am happy to help!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
Pazfam

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there an option to change items of the meal plan in and out? This is pretty critical for me and what I'm used to with another site I've used. There doesn't seem to be much flexibity to the meal tracker.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> New to Diet.com Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com