need help     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Getting Emotional - Let's Talk About It
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yrch

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: need help Reply with quote

I'm 20 and i've lost quite a lot of weight, about 12 kg, some of it too fast i think, deprived my body of too many things and now it's out of control. i've stopped dieting over three months ago but i can't resume normal eating. i recently started binging and put 2 kg back on and i'm afraid i'll regain all the weight back or more at this rate. i just find myself unable to stop eating. i'm a stress/emotional eater.. i exercised a lot while dieting but i seem to have lost all will and reason, i keep eating even though i want to stop, being already full or knowing i've already eaten the number of kcals for the day and i can't even get myself to do 3 minutes of exercise. at the same time i am completely obsessed with the way i look and don't feel at all comfortable with myself. does anybody have any advice, anybody been through this? i know i should talk to a psychologist but i can't really afford it Crying or Very sad
schen357

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: need help Reply with quote

Hi,

I was there before. I managed to lose 30 lbs (and became below the normal weight for my height) then gained ~45 lbs.

The only thing I can tell you is you're going to binge eat for a while but eventually your body will adjust and you'll eat normally again. For now, try to stick to 3 meals a day and do not snack, that' when you'll start binging. If you can force yourself to a schedule that works for you for 2 weeks then it will get easier. For now do not focus on weight lose but on getting to a normal schedule.

Good luck.

SC
Trishabisha

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: so glad im not alone.... Reply with quote

I am feeling the exact same way. I lost 20lbs in a month. and i try so hard to eat normally but i feel so guilt ridden when i do. For some reason i have a sense of success when eating little and losing lots. but then the real problem comes into play i gain it back as soon as i cant keep up with the 900cal. day. Day to day battle. WE CAN DO IT.
svanjicki

Total Posts: 179

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Maintaining Reply with quote

Honestly, I think one of the hardest parts of this process is what to do once the weight has come off. Yeah, it's a struggle to lose the weight, but once you get down to your goal, where do you go from there? As many of you may know, I lost about 45 pounds a few years back and gained about 65 back. I wish there was more info. out there on how to MAINTAIN. I mean, have you seen some of the people from the Biggest Loser gain a lot of their weight back?

~Sara
B.e.a.u.

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you could try is to ease into eating normal Smile You could diet/eat healthy in the week, and eat whatever you like in the weekends. This is what I plan to do when I reach my goal.

I know it's hard but you should really try to stop binging. An old tric is to eat an apple and take 2 glasses of water, if you can finish that most of the time you won't be hungry anymore. Or try brushing your teeth, the taste in your mouth will make you not want to eat.

But I do know how you feel, I think everyone has been there. You just need to push through! I know you'll get there Very Happy

I just know I can do it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Getting Emotional - Let's Talk About It Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com