Newbie Here!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kdh660

Total Posts: 10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Newbie Here! Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I am new to diet.com. I decided to try this because I really need help in getting the weight off. I have over 200 lbs. to lose. I am looking forward to getting to know folks here.

Thanks,
Kandy
ollieseh

Total Posts: 264

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board!!!! We are here to support and encourage!! When I started in April I had 130 pounds to lose - I now have under 70 pounds so I am happy to have you here and to give you the encouragement and support you need.

Do you have a plan? What about exercise? You may want to check out the group 'Down 100 pounds by June 2009'. Its been pretty quiet but I check it daily and would love to have some participation!

Patty -
"Seeds of discouragement cannot grow in a grateful heart."
kdh660

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ollieseh,
I don't have a diet plan or an exercise plan yet. I am having problems committing right now. I believe this is because in the back of my mind I am telling myself I don't stick to any diet or exercise plan anyway, so why try. Confused I really want to just change the way I eat and my lifestyle in general. I do plan to join a support group.
Kandy
ollieseh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do understand how you are feeling - I use to feel the same - I have sooo far to go why bother!!! Have you taken the diet personality quiz on this site? I found it very helpful - in the beginning I did exactly what it said - I changed a few things not everything at once and then kept adding things. It worked and continues to work for me. Instead of looking at how far you have to go focus on changing one thing - drinking more water, going for a short walk, stop drinking pop, anything that you think you can do!! I would never have believed that I could come this far but I have and I know you can toooooo!!! Let me know how I can help! Don't let your fear of failure keep you from the life you want!!

Patty -
kdh660

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your support Patti. I really appreciate it. I am encouraged to do better and just take one step at a time. Yes, I have taken the quiz. You are right. It is very helpful.
ollieseh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay in touch and keep me posted on your progress! Being part of this community has really helped me!!! Let me know what I can do!!!

Patty -
kdh660

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will certainly keep in touch. Thank you so much for your encouraging words.
Kandy
Grammy22

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: New and looking for help on how to use this site Reply with quote

Hi Kandy,
I am new here also and very lost as to how this site works. If you get a chance can you give me some pointers?

Thanks,
Grammy22

Dawn S. Hirst
ollieseh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site Dawn!! I am just getting ready to leave for a meeting but if you go to the community pulldown at the top and then go to blogs or the weight loss challenge you will have lots to read!! I will try to get back to you again tomorrow morning since I will be out for the night!! Don't get discouraged!!!! We are here for you!!! See you tomorrow and again welcome to the site!!

Patty -
kdh660

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Grammy22,
Welcome to diet.com. How are you doing? I agree that there is alot of information her, but are you getting through all of it okay.

~Kandy
"I choose to be grateful!"
dewi1972

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: I just joined on Monday Reply with quote

Hi Kandy,

I just joined on Monday, you and I are in similar situations with the amount of weight that we would like to lose, if you need a buddy please let me know Smile .

-Dewi
ollieseh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dewi1972 welcome to the site!! I am glad you are here! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!!!

Patty -
dewi1972

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ollie, thank you for the warm welcome. Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com