Overeaters Anonymous     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss.J

Total Posts: 25

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Overeaters Anonymous Reply with quote

Has anyone ever tried going to these meetings? What are they like? What do you do?

I'm not the kind of person that succeeds by going to meetings. I like diet.com because I can log on whenever, and it doesn't take that much time out of my day. Instead driving to a meeting I can walk my dog or fix a healthy dinner... and I can blog on diet.com the whole while!

So tell us how it helped you succeed, or even what you didn't like about it. I'm so curious!
Kasssy

Total Posts: 156

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if only im back in the states.. I wouldnt mind meeting up with all of you *winks* but its true, but hey, it seems like everyone's comfortable with each other here not to forget too the video challenge has acquainted all of us closer together Smile

Why dont you post your video too! there's still time to post Smile

which reminds me, i'd have to juggle squeeze on that!
Miss.J

Total Posts: 25

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrmmm... this started out about Overeaters Anon, but now I'm thinking of a big spa weekend at one of those healthful resorts in Florida or Arizona. That would actually be a good idea. We could have a get together every six months in rotating cities to show off our progress!

It wouldn't be a meeting, it would be a party. And I can't wait for Bora Bora to host!
Why Weight

Total Posts: 365

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent been, but have heard that they help. Good luck in your quest!
:YeNNi:

Total Posts: 170

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few months ago I also blogged about wondering what these meeting were like. I've read a lot about OA, and feel like I could really benefit from a meeting, but I've never been to one before, so wouldn't really know what to expect. Perhaps someone, someday will decide to share theirs, or someone elses' experience Smile

"Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going"

caramiamt

Total Posts: 52

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: O A Reply with quote

I went about 15 years ago..the people there are great and there is a lot of support

A journey of 1,000 miles begins with one single step

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com