over the hill? I think not     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rfd4ever

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: over the hill? I think not Reply with quote

I left my last job a year ago to help care for my elderly mother. I gained 70 pounds while not working and am now at 309 pounds. My mother is doing better and I am ready to return to the job market. Now I have folks telling me "oh at your age and weight, it will be so difficult to find a job". Such negative statements do NOT help my low self esteem. In fact, it hacks me off. So here I am, ready to lose weight, get back into my interview clothes and find a job! My knees hurts, my back hurts but I am ready to begin some exerise that will not send me to the ER.

Thanks for being here.
Stormy Moon

Total Posts: 686

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Exercise Reply with quote

Start walking! It's low-impact and one of the best things you can do. I would just ignore those negative comments people are making and forge ahead. You came to the right place for support, motivation and healthy ideas. What kind of exercise have you done before?

XO
ShannonKristine

Total Posts: 225

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, start small you will be amazed how quickly your efforts add up to weight loss. Start walking just 10 minutes here, 20 minutes there and soon you will start to see differences!
stown

Total Posts: 297

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there...I agree with the first two postings. Start out slow and small. Don't push yourself too much. Slowly increase your exercise. We will help encourage you along the way. Don't mind me if say, "GET UP AND GET BUSY". I just want you to achieve your goal.

Smile for today is a new beginning.

Have a great day!!!

Sandy Wink

"Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another."
rfd4ever

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aight, I'm in for a little walking and I do have an exercise bike that has gathered dust for the last 5 years. I shall start slow and keep adding to it.

Ain't it funny how I know what to do but need someone to kick start my fanny. Rolling Eyes

Thanks ya'll Very Happy
rfd4ever

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and one more thing, I chose diet.com after reading some of the board posts here. Seems to be a genuine interest in support.

Great job and thanks again Very Happy
honeybear1461

Total Posts: 148

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, welcome, this is a great place for support. I also agree with the others, don't listen to the negatives that people throw out there. Mind you that is easier said than done.

Try to put a plan of action in place, plan your meals and plan what you want to start doing as exercise. Slow and steady wins the race is my favourite saying. I always wanted things to come off fast but that doesn't happen so I am happy with the small loses when they come.

Take care,
Jennylee

Why Weight

Total Posts: 365

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome I'm so glad you joined us!!
I agree walking is the best when starting out, even if it's only hiding the TV remote so you have to get up and change the channel/ volume.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com