Newbie with 150 pounds to lose...     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poohtjbear

Total Posts: 9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Newbie with 150 pounds to lose... Reply with quote

Hello...I'm new to these boards, but I'm here to give this my best shot...

at this time, I am 350 pounds, and my goal is to go back to my wedding day weight of 200 pounds...

I know this all takes time, and I just need a lot of encouragement...

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Last edited by poohtjbear on Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:48 am; edited 2 times in total
me_shell

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I am new here too. Just wanted to say GOOD LUCK!!
rmanley5

Total Posts: 394

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do this. There is a lot of wonderful people here who will help support you! Stay strong!

steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, you don't have so much to lose....if you stop thinking what a huge goal that is. Think instead of losing 2 lbs this week. You can easily do that by quitting sugared drinks, today! Park further out in the parking lots at work and when you run errands. Take at least one flight of stairs, instead of the elevator. Just begin by making a few small changes every week and every week, you will find that it all makes a difference. As you add changes, you will be building a healthier you!

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
poohtjbear

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I went to weigh today because we started a new version of The Biggest Loser at work today...each one pitches in $10 and the one who loses the most weight in a set period wins all the dough...

I had weighed 352 when I went to the OB/GYN doctor in December...but today, I weighed 336...I had lost SIXTEEN pounds...WOW!!! I was really excited about that weigh-in...LOL!!!
aimnforheart

Total Posts: 28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: WOW!!! Reply with quote

Congratulations! What a wonderful weight loss! I have heard of others doing the "Biggest Loser". It sounds really interesting.

I am in this battle to lose 150 pounds also. I would love to travel the road with you!

~Aimnforheart~
\"I complete the process of self-forgiveness by letting go of what I have done and celebrating what I have become.\" - Maya Angelou
Why Weight

Total Posts: 365

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im trying to lose 112 LBS, seems like alot but we can do it.
GOD BLESS,

Why Weight
Why Weight

Total Posts: 365

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: WELCOME Reply with quote

GOD BLESS,

Why Weight
honeybear1461

Total Posts: 148

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome. I think you are so brave to get on scales at work. I only have my boss at work and another girl I work with once a week. I know how much I weigh but even though the other girl is big she nearly died of shock when I said I was over 260 pounds, and I am WELL over that. She would be about 200 pounds I would guess. So if I got on the scales and let them know how much I was I am sure they would drop dead.

Good luck I hope you win the dough at the end of the Biggest Loser challenge. Very Happy

Take care,
Jennylee

poohtjbear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Ty for kind words and encouragement Reply with quote

well, I am still in this battle...since I weighed in early January, I have lost another 9 pounds, weighing in at 327...YIPPEE!!!

ty, honeybear for wanting to be my weight-loss buddy...my first one...lol...

I hope I win the dough too...I have plans for it...lol, but mostly so that I have lost more weight...
honeybear1461

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss so far. I am pleased to hear that you are managing to loss it and keep up with your diet. I hope you win the money at the end of the challenge too, that would be great.

What plans have you got if you do win the money?

Keep up the good work.

Jennylee

poohtjbear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'm sure I'll spend it at the next Gaither concert that I go to...LOL...either buying new CD's or T-shirts now that I can...

did I read that you are from Australia, Jennylee??? I hung out with a couple from there this weekend in Texas...

I was so excited...I went to a Gaither HomeComing concert this weekend, and for the first time, I was able to buy T-shirts to wear...YAY!!!

then, tonight, I accomplished a MAJOR MILESTONE(well, it was for me, anyway...LOL)...I was able to put on a pair of blue jeans...not just blue jeans, but the kind that ZIP and BUTTON...do you know how long it had been since I wore jeans that didn't pull up??? YEARS!!! I was so excited, that I called and texted everyone I knew...LOL!!!

and, the official weight-loss for last week was 3 pounds, making my total loss 27 pounds!!! YIPPEE!!!
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1023

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow Pooh, you are doing GREAT!!! Very Happy Exclamation

Keep it up!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
honeybear1461

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, yes I am from Australia, Adelaide in South Australia. A great place to live. Very Happy

CONGRATULATIONS BIG TIME on your weight loss so far. Keep up the great work.

I am jealous, I haven't been in blue jeans of any type for far too many years Rolling Eyes and I have always loved my jeans. Hopefully I will get there again one day.

Take care,
Jennylee

poohtjbear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your kind words...

Jennylee, this is TOO wild...

the couple from Australia that I hung out with a couple of weeks ago are from Adelaide as well...

isn't it a small world...LOL!!!

I can't believe that I not only have met another Aussie online, but that you all are from the same place...LOL!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com