Body Bugg…     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmvrana

Total Posts: 125

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Body Bugg… Reply with quote

Does anyone have one of these? They sound really cool. A personal trainer that I know told me about it.

http://www.bodybugg.com/

I was asking her about a good HRM and she said she likes these better.

Katie

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now."
~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Pricey. A $40 hrm will tell you how much you burn, you just have to figure out how much you eat.....but to each his own! -- My Garmin GPS was alot cheaper, and it IS a personal trainer......sort of. Let us know if you get it and how you like it!!! Very Happy

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
kmvrana

Total Posts: 125

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is expensive. She told me you wear this 24 hours a day (except when showering) and it measures your heat. She said calories are a unit of heat and it gives you a more accurate readout of calories burned than an HRM.

There was more to it, but I am not sure of the science of it all. It seems interesting. I am going to put it on my wish list and I'll let you know if get it.

Very Happy

Katie

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now."
~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
steffeysue

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I read that it was heat thing from the website you provided. It IS really interesting. I just don't think I could pay that much for it......LOL Although, to be honest, if I were back to weighing as much as I did before I lost all but these last 20 lbs, I would consider it. I wonder if it will get cheaper over the next year?? Technology seems to do that.... I looked on Ebay and they are running in the $200 range there. Of course, you probably don't get all the support if you buy from Ebay.

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
ptwonline

Total Posts: 140

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly looks interesting, but of course nothing is perfect. I tend to lose significant amounts of body heat through my head (as do most people, but I think I'm a bit more extreme than most) and there are times where my body feels ice cold and my head feels hot. So I'm not sure how well it would work for someone like me.

:YeNNi:

Total Posts: 170

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the body bugg for about three weeks now, my personal trainer introduced us Smile and there are some positives and negatives that I like about it.

It does get annoying that I have to wear it all the time, but if you don't wear it, you can manually enter in what physical activity you did, but that kinda defeats its purpose... you can also take it off (it will remember all the info since you last wore it - it has a memory span of about two weeks I think) plus I get ALOT of weird looks/questions as it is not very discreet, and than I have to explain what it is and all that Razz

Regarding the body heat thing, I tend to lose immense amounts of heat - steam comes out of my head at night when playing tennis hahha, so I was concerned that the reading would be off the charts, but to my understanding, the machine takes a variety of things into consideration, including your resting, non-active temperature, and motion or like G-Force and all this other technical stuff heh

on a positive note, it's great that I can know exactly how many calories I burned throughout the day, and what activities burned the most amount of calories, there is a bunch of timelines and reports that you can look at and it will allow you to see what you did at what times, there's also of course a pedometer built in that measures your steps, so you can make sure you hit your recommended 10,000 steps/day, and the meal program is very similiar to what this website has in terms of monitoring your daily caloric intake, so you can make sure you are burning more than you are putting in, it shows you the nutritional breakdown of the foods so I like the fact that you can actually see how much say carbs you are consuming, and total fat and things like that.... so I guess the fact that with the program, and the Bugg it makes everything very interactive.

But, since I've only been using the Bugg for three weeks, I'll let you know when I hit my goal weight, it I love it or want to drown it Very Happy

"Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going"

steffeysue

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't drown it! We will be needing another report! Do you feel that it has been really helpful, so far?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, ok Laughing so far, my opinion of it has been pretty positive, I love that I can know if I've been having an active day ( even though I may not have put my time in at the gym) it's easy to forget just how many calories you can burn just by say.... parking further at the mall and walkin up steps instead of the elevator, or pacing back and forth while on the phone... I guess little subtle things like that...

I guess I'll report in on it a little further in my experiment Wink

Diet Diva

Total Posts: 26

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Yenni, I'm putting together Diet.com's Holiday Gift Guide for 2007. I saw the body bug and thought it was so intriguing however the price is what is keeping me from recommending it to users. I personally would not purchase it, but from what I was told from my personal trainer, I think you can get a deal if you do it through them, right? Would you recommend the bug?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry about the lag in response. The bugg is pricy, and yes, you can get is for less when working with a trainer, and by now if you haven't gotten that special soon to be active person in your life something yet, I would recommend the Body Bugg Smile So far I've lost almost 30lbs with the program in about 5 months and have really learned to use the information in my daily living.

steffeysue

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Yenni. Glad you didn't drown it, you are having wonderful success! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com