Happy Valentines Week + Encouragement     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kitten1481

Total Posts: 112

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Happy Valentines Week + Encouragement Reply with quote

Hey guys and gals. Its almost Valentines YAH. lol. And my husband is actually not working this year on Valentines ( he's in the air force ) they had to rearrange schedules b/c alot of their men are gone overseas and so they are having to work longer hours and weekends and so he's worked out to where he gets three days off this week and one of them is valentines. So we are going to go out with my parents i think and then go play some board games with them.

So , how is everyone doing? Im into month 2 now. Week 2 will begin on wed. Ill weigh in either tues or wed morning depending on how i feel lol.

Im all excited b/c its finally garage sale season. Its getting not so cold to where more peopleare having them. Its soooo much fun and good exercise.

I wanted to share a story with you guys to hopefully make you feel good like i did.
As some of you know, i work out on a Military Base at their gym. I get to watch all these buff guys ( and girls lol) parade around looking wonderful while i look like someone stuffed me with fluff Wink. Anyways, when i first started going there i was sooo intimidated. I wouldnt use the weight room b/c thats where all the guys where, i wouldnt use the one cardio room b/c most of the people in there were guys and looked hot lol. so id go upstairs to the track and use the small amount of equipment up there ( there is like 7 machines total) just so i wouldnt have to endure the stares ( or what I THOUGHT where stares) from others. I just knew in my mind they were thinking " Look at that fatty" yeah bad i know but thats how i felt.
Anyways, i finally decided enough is enough. Im going to use that weight room and that cardio room and i dont care what anyone thinks. So i bravely went into the weight room and started using the machines. Wouldnt you know it- everyone was too engrossed in their bench pressing and checking their selves out in the mirrors to even bother with me. So i got down to business. And then out of no where i hear this " Hi." i looked around startled that someone would be talking to me. I said hi back and smiled. And what came out n ext was a total shock to me " Ive seen you around for the past few weeks and this is the first time ive seen you in here. I have to say your doing a great job. Keep it up." I was floored. I blushed and said oh well ty but its nothing really im just trying to be a better me. By this time 3 of his friends ( all by the way where major major hotties) walked over and were listening. And one said " Girl, you have more determination then anyone we've seen in here. You walk more than anyone i know. Geez how long do you stay up there!" I blushed really bad b/c i didnt notice anyone had noticed me walking for so long lol. I told them i usually walk 4 miles maybe more if i can handle it. They were all just smiling and telling me that they think its great and one even said he wished his girlfriend had the spirit i had. That just made my whole week. Me, this overweight chick who figured everyone was laughing at me, actually had been noticed by people who thought i was doing well. Ive seen them in the gym a few times and they always say hi and ask how im doing on my goals.

After that i noticed that if i actually kept my head up and looked around, there were alot of other people that smiled at me and asked how i was doing when i actually made eye contact.

So here's my encouragement- someone somewhere is looking at you and thinking of how great you are doing even if they dont have guts to come up and tell you. SOmeone is secretly rooting you on to meet your goals. I know i am Wink

Love ya guys. Have a WONDERFUL week.
Stephanie

Think Pink!
Bird77

Total Posts: 827

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what? Many of the fit, "hot" people you see at the gym started in the same place. I know so many people who've lost a lot of weight and look fantastic now, but they started out overweight too. And even the ones who didn't still know how hard it is to get and keep in shape.

As someone who's made her goal weight, I can do nothing but admire people who are working hard to make the same changes. When I see a heavy guy out walking the trails where I run or an overweight woman at my gym, I feel happy that another person is making a choice for a healthy life--it keeps me motivated too.

So don't feel shy at the gym. Feel proud that you're there. A lot of people are out there just living the same old unhealthy life and wishing that something would change. You're taking action, and that makes you one of the most admirable people around Smile

In these days, a man who says a thing cannot be done is quite apt to be interrupted by some idiot doing it.
- Elbert Hubbard
NinaJo

Total Posts: 434

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so proud of you!! That sure had to be a moral boost!! Keep up the great hard work you are doing.

Nina
marty82

Total Posts: 138

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephanie, that was an AMAZING story, it really made me smile for you. You should feel very proud, that people are noticing all the hard work you doing, for a new and healthier you. You deserve all the compliments you've received and then some, and it's totally an added bonus that they are coming from total hotties at the gym! Wink
I will certainly remember your story, when I'm feeling a little down, and need some motivation, cause to get compliments like that would be wonderful.
I hope you and your husband have a fantastic Valentine's day together.
Keep smiling! Very Happy

reginaliz

Total Posts: 71

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Stephanie, for sharing your inspiring story with us! We're all happy for you, and I hope that learning about your experience will inspire others who are holding back out of fear and embarrassment.

Happy Valentine's Day,

Barb
naavap

Total Posts: 5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Good for you!! I loved the storry Reply with quote

It is a good reminder that:

YOU ARE NOT YOU WEIGHT!!

Have a shiny and loving day Very Happy

Naava

LesMoo

Total Posts: 797

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great story, Stephanie and what great motivation! Thanks for sharing that with us and keep up the great work!!!!!

Leslie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com