I just feel like crying....     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tracynudd

Total Posts: 51

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: I just feel like crying.... Reply with quote

I have just got on the scales for my 3rd week weigh in and I have put on a pound. I am so gutted that I just feel like crying my eyes out. I can not believe how dissappointed I am (my poor hubby has been yelled at alot this morning). I really tried hard this week keeping the chocci at bay and the exercise up burning over a 1000 cals this week which didnt included all the housework I done as well. I have kept between 1500 and 1700 cals and I put on a pound. My hubby keeps saying go to the doctor but I think that is just an excuse I no what you have to do to lose weight eat less cals do more exercise but for some reason I have now only lost 2lb in 3 weeks (and to be honest that was xmas weight) AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well its better than crying.
Trying to keep positive thou' I am eating better food, so is my family. As much as I hate exercise I no it will do me good. Gonna go for a really good week (We are of to Eurodisney at the w/e for my birthday) track everything and keep to my 1500 cals see how that goes.. wish me luck..

debsarooni

Total Posts: 21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh honey. I know how you feel.

Your doing the right thing though. Keep up the positive attitude, eating the right things and the scale will go down.

I mean its biology isn't it? Science - you eat less and exercise more you lose weight.

Perhaps your retaining water? Maybe next week you will have a double loss. Don't give up hope chick.

Don\'t Panic!
ptypopsicl

Total Posts: 576

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not uncommon to see the scales do some weird things during the first few weeks of your new lifestyle (I hate the word "diet"!). It could be that your body is having a bit of a shock and needs to "reset" itself; if you have been used to overeating and being sedentary for a while, your body might need a few weeks to realize you are not trying to starve it. It could be that you have lost several pounds of fat but have replaced it with muscle--- that is actually a great thing because your clothes should fit better no matter what the scale says, as a pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat. It could be your water balance is out of whack, or your body is retaining water in your PMS days.

Don't let it discourage you! Keep doing what you are doing!

And I do see you are eating right and exercising but I don't see any mention of water so make sure you are getting enough water--- you will see lots of different numbers about how much water you need but I usually go by one ounce of water for every 2 pounds you weigh. And you can't get too much water unless you are like that lady who was trying to win a car, and drank something insane like 6 gallons in 20 minutes. I drink about 2 gallons of water daily, throughout the day, and no bad effects!
tracynudd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys that helps, I must admit I do have coffee or tea rather than water during the day, but I have about a pint most evenings. I keep telling myself that it will come off but I can tell you it is getting really hard to motivate myself into doing the exercise (i hate it)... but tommorrows a new day.

Kitten1481

Total Posts: 112

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep your head up girl. ( by the way can i go to Euro Disney with you pleaseeeeeeeeeeee lol) Hugs to you

Think Pink!
tracynudd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and it dosnt help when the hubby has now lost 8lb..... Very Happy but I am happy for him. ....sort of... Laughing

steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't start comparing yourself to a man!! Puh-lease! They lose weight faster and easier. Women are geared to have weight for all that baby making and baby growing process, we need the extra to support two people or more....men don't. Men also have very large muscles that require feeding and are amazing energy burning machines, women aren't. So, if you compare yourself to your husband you aren't even comparing apples to pears it's more like apples to broccoli!

We all lose weight at different rate even from one woman to the next, so don't despair. You will lose weight if you keep working on a calorie deficit with exercise and a balanced diet. If you feel like there is something wrong, go see your doctor, there are conditions and medications that make weight loss more difficult and even impossible. This is your life, make the most of it.

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
CaptainCabo

Total Posts: 151

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: I just feel like crying.... Reply with quote

tracynudd wrote:
I have just got on the scales for my 3rd week weigh in and I have put on a pound. I am so gutted that I just feel like crying my eyes out. I can not believe how dissappointed I am (my poor hubby has been yelled at alot this morning). I really tried hard this week keeping the chocci at bay and the exercise up burning over a 1000 cals this week which didnt included all the housework I done as well. I have kept between 1500 and 1700 cals and I put on a pound. My hubby keeps saying go to the doctor but I think that is just an excuse I no what you have to do to lose weight eat less cals do more exercise but for some reason I have now only lost 2lb in 3 weeks (and to be honest that was xmas weight) AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well its better than crying.
Trying to keep positive thou' I am eating better food, so is my family. As much as I hate exercise I no it will do me good. Gonna go for a really good week (We are of to Eurodisney at the w/e for my birthday) track everything and keep to my 1500 cals see how that goes.. wish me luck..

You are absolutey normal...don't worry. It happens to all dieters...including men. It is just your body trying to get a set weight point..it is natural. I recommend you change your workout habits and also changing your diet. Eating less isn't necessary, maybe tweaking your diet by less carbohydrates and more lean protein. I also recommend you eat at least 5 to 6 times a day becasue from the looks of it you are very active and eating less is not the right way to go. You have to keep that metabolism going so snack if you get hungry but don't eat junk or anything heavy. Eat a couple of nuts, some veggies with a bit of protein. You should be eating 3 sensible meals and 2-3 small healthy snacks. If you aren't strength training....start doing so. Strength training will help elevate your metabolism and that will help lose the weight. Don't be sad...you're doing just fine and just remain focus...it will come off. Also stressing will not help your diet...stressing will have a negative effect and that will force your body to store fat. So don't stress.....just keep up the great work. Mmmmkay???!!!
tracynudd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys for all the great advice, you dont know how much this is helping, my motivation is back and once again I can get more focused. I have started to do some strength training on my arms and legs and doing about 100 crunches but only for about a week. The info on men was really helpful asI tend to judge hubby the same as me because he sits at a desk or drives the car most days, but of course they are made different (hence they cant tidy away after themselves) Laughing Thanks again Tracy

honeybear1461

Total Posts: 148

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracy, I hate it when you do ALL the right things and then it seems that it was all in vein. Sad

I agree with you that it is REALLY hard to stay motivated at times like these. With the support of others in the same boat it is a bit easier.

I hate it that men can lose the weight without even seeming to do much, my hubby only has to cut out his toast in the afternoon after work and he will lose about 5 pounds in a week. Sad It has taken me 5 weeks of working hard to lose 7 pounds. Sad Mad

It is nice that your husband is going on this journey with you. Keep up the good work and keep your spirits up too.

Take care
Jennylee

steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, come on girls. . . .it's not the fault of men. No reason to hate something about someone that they have no control over! Channel that energy and make it work for you!

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com