i need encouragment!!!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poetbabe86

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: i need encouragment!!! Reply with quote

so i'm new here and i just started dieting. i've lost 6 pounds so far this week but i really miss the fast food and all the junk food. it was so much easier to just grab a bag of cheetos then to count out my calories and watch everything eat. will this get any easier?
karen1123

Total Posts: 815

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not really easy to down a bag of cheetos not when you think of the affects of eating like that constantly has on your body. Moderation is the key even if you just stick to a proper serving size of cheetos instead of counting the calories. And I am not saying to give yourself a proper serving size of cheetos several times a day. Wink

One thing you can do is not to eat out of bags anymore. Small changes will help a great deal.

Karen

Don\'t go out of your weigh to please anyone but yourself.

steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL If it were easy, anybody could do it!! No seriously, don't get so overwhelmed and don't beat yourself up! It's a lot of work to do the right thing, and it is easy peasy to do the wrong thing. Maybe what you need to do, for the time being is just write down what you eat. Don't count calories right now. You can also make a note next to it like: depressed, bored, stressed or got in trouble next to the particular foods you choose to eat. You will see a pattern appear in just a short time. Then, you can work on NOT making those mistakes when those conditions occur! THAT will make a huge difference every day! Then, later you can add counting calories, and then taking the stairs as opposed to the elevator and so on! It's the ripple effect. You toss a rock in the pond and a ripple forms and it continues to move outward until it reaches the shore all the way around.. . . . . knowing what you do and when you do it when choosing to eat poorly is like tossing the rock in the pond. You start to choose better, it feels good, you take the stairs and t feels good, you lose a few pounds and t feels good, you start to do some real exercise and it feels good. . . .. . . . ..

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
tracynudd

Total Posts: 51

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I only started this week and I have found the Calorie counter in the meal planner really good. Personally I have found that if I enter all my meals for the day when I have 5 mins, not only do I then know what I am eating but also if I have any cals left over for snacks. Living in the UK I have foods that are not on the list but have found that manually entering the amounts is just as easy. Also the other thing I have done is stored snacks in calorie amounts IE. 6-8 brazilnuts is 186Cals, or 12 grapes = 40cals. This way I know that I am having the right amount and not tempted by having the packet open in front of me and I dont consume more than I should.
Hope this is of some help, any ideas anyone else may have I am all ears (or eyes should I say Laughing )
honeybear1461

Total Posts: 148

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not so sure that it ever gets "easier" since there are always going to be those little temptations out there. Sad Even though they are out there it will get easier once you know of the top of your head how much you are able to eat of any given thing.

Also once the weight starts to come off AND you can actually see the difference then the motivation becomes stronger, well for me it has in the past and I just keep trying to remind myself that things WILL get a little easier. Smile

Jennylee

steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things do get easier!! It takes time to build new coping skills instead of eating. It takes time, to get in shape, but if you keep at you will. It takes time to understand that poor eating is destructive and they you feel better without it. It takes time to change the old things and replace them with new and healthy things, but it CAN be done in time.

And really, when it comes down to it, what else do you have, except time?

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
Kitten1481

Total Posts: 112

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there. I know how overwhelming it all can be. Im right there with ya! Its a daily struggle for me to re-examine my life and eating habits and cope with the changes. But im taking it one day at a time. I have to learn that if I make a boo boo that its ok im human and it happens. But that tomorrow is a new day and its back on track.
I think it does get easier but its always going to be a new way of life.
Hugs good luck in everything and if you ever wanna talk please feel free to send me a msg.
Steph

Think Pink!
goal2007

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: THE JOURNEY AHEAD IS HARD BUT YOU WILL WIN Reply with quote

I understand how you feel. Im preparing myself to start next week Ive been on several diets but due to some meds I have gained, not that I did not help the weight creeping on. he MEDS made it harder to loose the kg I went to WW and lost one week and gained another.............Its a hard road but imagen how good you are going to feel at the end.............................Cheetos have it in moderation. Depriving urself is the worst thing to do. My treats are.... I love Jello and fruit Salad and have it as a treat The Jello is points free on WW and I feel full after. For my savory tooth I have Rice Snacks with flavour, in my country they lookl ike potatoe chips.yum. Go online and find alternatives to youre cravings.............Make youre own chips and season with spices Very Happy
tigersi

Total Posts: 770

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why wait until next week? Why not start today? You can start making small changes today and see improvement a lot faster!

Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

THOMAS ALVA EDISON

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com