Mc Donalds     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Millerrd

Total Posts: 61

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Mc Donalds Reply with quote

Ok I know its not a diet but I work here I'm around the food non stop they give me free meals I have to eat sometime on a 8 hr shift or I feel dizzy and wierd. But sometimes the fruit and walnut salad just doesn't cut it for a dinner what do I do? pack a lunch? they don't have refrigerators... maybe I'll try thier salads its just that I eat a salad and in mc donalds its hard being surrounded by all that bad food you feel like oh I'm at Mc donalds its okay to have fries too with that salad? wierd thinking I know but its how I work. lol.

steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a grilled chicken sand. No fries? It only has in the neighborhood of 300 calories without mayo. Or just a regular hamburger and a small order of fries, like in a Happy Meal, if you really need fries, that's 480 calories. Four chicken nuggets and small fries has 400 calories. A garden salad only has 35 calories. Fruit and yogart parfait without granola has 135 calories. Grilled chicken bacon ranch salad has only 270 calories, the grilled Cob has 280 and the grilled ceasar only 210. Those are some pretty good choices, with variety even on a McDonald's menu!! Good luck!

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
ptypopsicl

Total Posts: 576

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they don't have a fridge for an employee to stash a bag-lunch, I'd get one of those small insulated cooler packs. They're just about big enough for a sandwich and a small side dish, or a tupperware container full of your favorite healthy lunch. Add one of the "stay cool" freezer gel packs. I have no idea what they're called but they're little packages of blue or white gel, you freeze them and then you put them in your cooler to keep it nice and cold all day. You can reuse them dozens of times. The small cooler bags take up about the size of a good-sized purse so they fit just about anywhere. I took my lunch to work this way for a couple of years when I worked at a training center/classroom that didn't have a fridge. Works like a charm. Then you can enjoy a nice, healthy lunch and not have to eat McDonalds.

To cure your fry addiction, watch them change the oil sometimes. Yuck! It's even worse if you watch them change the oil from the McNuggets or go by a KFC or a Popeyes... gross!
karen1123

Total Posts: 815

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A filet of fish without the cheese!! Less than 300 calories I think. You can even skip the bread since they don't offer wheat/dark bread. Lots of water and maybe a side of apples. My daughter works at McD's too and she in thin only because she is not a binger like her mom used to be.

Good luck with that one. I work with pizza but I just don't eat it anymore. Too much grease, too much fat and I can't stop at one slice so I skip it altogether.

Karen

Don\'t go out of your weigh to please anyone but yourself.

Millerrd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Night time nibler Reply with quote

I think the reason I tend to have a hard time at work is because of my eating habits which I'm glad these things are now being addressed. I didn't eat break fast or lunch and I work during dinner and snack so I'm horribly hungry during those hours now I'm getting up and eating something even if its just a piece of toast just to try and break that cycle I hope that will make it easier when I go to make dinner choices becuase I won't feel like I have to eat like a cow.

NinaJo

Total Posts: 434

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 19 year son works at McDonld'also, he is overweight to. The other day he comfonted me that he would like to loose some weight. I told him I will help him in any way I could. So I am trying to take baby steps with him, you know how teenage boys are they don't want to much advise at once. What he said is hard, they only get a luch during eight hours, no breaks, so that is hard for him to go to his car and get a healthy snack, he has started only drinking water, so thats a plus. And the food is free for lunch, but you have to get a whole meal. He will have to retrain his thinking over this, that he doesn't have to eat it all, I suggested to skip the fries or get a small. It is not so easy for him, also sometime he grab some fries, or chicken tenders here and there because he gets hungary. I hope he wants it bad enough to make some changes. I might suggest taking his lunch, but honestly I don't know how that will fly. I hope you want it bad enough to. Just take small steps You Can Do This!!

Nina
Millerrd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Thinking Reply with quote

I'm thinking as I start to change my eating habits and work in better schedules for food and things like that I'll start thinking alot more positive of course I just started last night so I'm still in the "i'm not sure I can do this phase but I need to do something". I also need to make sure I don't go all rambo diet like I usually do also. I have a tendacy to change all my eating habits at once and excersize like a crazy person then I burn myself out real quick, so I'm going to take things nice and slow this time and I think the first thing I'll work on is food!

steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you are off to great start!! Portion size, figuring it out and getting it under control is probably the first and hardest thing to do when you are trying to make a lifestyle change. But you can do it! Try to eat regularly and keep your metabolism charged up!!

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
karen1123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something else I just thought of depending on what you eat at McD's you may be eating a double portion so just cut your sandwich in half and just eat half. I am sure someone there would eat the other half. Smile

Karen

backer

Total Posts: 476

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have no fridge?This would not surprise me.I guess they have no fridge their employees can use.I think there may be a human rights issue here,check with the labour board.Fries are so contradictory to weight loss and good health that they must be avoided.If there is one thing to never eat it is that.Get the movie supersize me.
This may seem dramatic but if it were my son I would tell him to find another job(I dont know where you live or the job market,im assuming there are options.)No job is worth ruining your health and at an age where alot of patterns are established and habits formed best to be rid of it.

I have counted to infinity twice
Millerrd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Finding another job Reply with quote

The problem really isn't that there isn't another job its just another job with the same hours. My husband is in the U.S. Navy We cannot afford baby sitting so I have to work really unusual hours so we aren't working the same days. So finding a job that doesn't mind me being off sometimes for long periods of time due to his schedule is quite hard. I even have college experience in Ac/Dc elecronics and pc technology but I can't do anything with it cause of the hours this job requires. I have one son that is a juvenile diabetic baby sitting for him is almost impossible.

Bird77

Total Posts: 827

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(((Millerrd)))

Can you get yourself a cooler bag to keep in the staff room or bring foods that don't need to be cold? That way, you can have healthy options on hand. Maybe pack something that you can eat fast if you only have a minute when it's busy, as well as your lunch. Then you can survive that long stretch with nothing. Eat a good solid meal before work too. A high fibre, high protein meal will keep you going for a while. Hopefully that will stave off any crashes.

I know things are sometimes necessary to support your family, and that it's really hard to work around food like that. Before I finished my degree, I worked in fine dining, and they baked fresh, butter-loaded white rolls every day. Those plus probably three tablespoons of butter on each one contributed at least a few pounds to my thighs. I know it's tough to turn those things down. But I believe you can do this--I can feel how much you want to succeed.

We're here for you.

In these days, a man who says a thing cannot be done is quite apt to be interrupted by some idiot doing it.
- Elbert Hubbard
NinaJo

Total Posts: 434

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean about working where you can at different times in your life. My 19 years old son works at McDonald's right know, with hopes to get into college in the spring or fall depending. With him working there they will schedule his hours around college. I guess we need to be creative with our food and exercise, good luck.

Nina
triciar98

Total Posts: 14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One nice thing about McD food is that the nutritional values are so readily available.

If I worked there now (I did in college) I know that I would not be able to bring a good meal. I would eat the food there (I'm lazy that way). Have you asked if they have a cooler to store your lunch? I have to think they would have to provide such a thing, and would be willing to, if you asked.

If not, ugh! I personally love fries. That would be my biggest downfall. Maybe a good strategy is to reward yourself with fries no more than once a week and only when you have been very good otherwise.

Good luck. I have heard of people losing weight on a McDonald's only diet. But, I think such a thing would make your blood thick with the bad cholesterol.

karen1123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to be mean, but never reward yourself with food. Never allow yourself fast food french fries unless you plan on measuring out an actual serving and working out for an hour afterwards. Wink
Have you seen "Super Size Me"? Very enlightening. I can't imagine losing weight on a Mcdonald's only diet unless you skipped the fried stuff which is most of their menu.

Karen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com