Question about weight loss and hormones     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndiDurall

Total Posts: 7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Question about weight loss and hormones Reply with quote

Hello....Andrea here again.

I have a really odd thing happening to me since I started my diet. My hair, which has been stick straight my whole life has gone curly!!! My hair would never even hold a perm! Now it is curly no matter what I do to it. LOL. I was wondering if something like this has happened to anyone else here. Also, where does everyone notice their weight coming off from? I've lost part of a love handle somewhere and I'm definately not looking to find it again. Wink Also, has anyone else noticed that after you've been on your new lifestyle diet for a while, eating most of the things that you used to eat makes you ill? I went off for my son's 4th birthday and had small portions of Cheese potatoes and macaroni salad, and I was up all night with a stomachache. Maybe it's just my body telling me it's happier with the 19lbs gone. Surprised

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10703;102;0;0/c/-19/t/-151/k/9cad/weight.png
ptypopsicl

Total Posts: 576

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the changes to your hair, but the stomach-ache thing I can definitely relate to. I guess we conditioned our bodies to be used to such rich food in the past; now that it's not a part of our diets, our bodies just can't handle it. Kind of makes me sad to think of times where eating all that rich, oily/greasy stuff didn't make me sick... my poor body was just so used to having to deal with that stuff!
karen1123

Total Posts: 815

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of my weight has disappeared from my upper body . . . I do see a difference in my lower body but I have a ways to go since that is where most of my weight is. No changes in my hair.

Yesterday I dealt with the aftermath of not controlling what I ate and was in the bathroom numerous times. My intestines didn't appreciate me eating like that and the funny thing is I used to eat so much worse than that and it never gave my bathroom problems. Just a reminder that it is not healthy on any level to not watch what we eat. Our bodies love it when we eat right.

I wish my hair would go curly . . . Smile

Great job on the 19 pounds gone!!

Karen

Don\'t go out of your weigh to please anyone but yourself.

falersweany

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Weight Loss and Hormones Reply with quote

I've certainly noted some changes now that I've lost about 50 pounds.

I walked into MacDonalds with friends the other afternoon and the smell of the french fries sent me retching to the bathroom. Sticking to the apple and walnuts salad wasn't a problem. Fried foods just make me ill.

Also, if I eat something with a lot of oil (even olive oil), I find I have trouble swallowing. It now tastes so icky. I think I ate so quickly before that it was down before I noticed the grease. Now, because I really chew my food well, I can feel it. And, when it reaches my stomach, I may get sharp pains. Don't know if it's psychological or physical. I have a similar reaction to chocolate and cinnamon--I'm not griping about either of those however.

I first notices a lot of my loss in my face, neck and shoulders, but now I've lost a love handle and am not missing it a bit. Smile Laughing
lifematters

Total Posts: 796

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you gotten your hair cut? I've known people who got a good haircut and it brought out the curl that had been hiding all along.

I think most people lose first where they gained last. It kind of goes in a reverse chain like putting beads on a wire and then taking them back off in reverse order.

Mine's coming off first in my face....that's where I gained last.

"Life has to be a little nuts sometimes. Otherwise it's just a bunch of Thursdays strung together." Burroughs
AndiDurall

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I haven't had it cut in quite a long time actually. It's about the normal length for me. It started going curly just by my right temple first and now my whole head is curly.....some places are really curly and some are just really wavy. I don't know. I think it's kind of funny actually. I just wondered if it had happened to anyone else on here. Very Happy

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10703;102;0;0/c/-19/t/-151/k/9cad/weight.png
Jenlovesmicah

Total Posts: 17

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: hormones Reply with quote

My last attempt at weight loss created changes in my hair... as well as caused spotting- which was fricking annoying. My doctors were a bit perplexed by that.. but my theory is that Estrogen is stored in fat- so if you lose a lot of fat quickly, the change in the hormones can cause some weird symptoms- which may be true for your hair...
AndiDurall

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last diet that I went on before now, I had lost about 6 pounds and I started spotting. It went beyond spotting after a week and went into a really bad period. It lasted for a month and I completely fell of my diet but I went to my doctor and he told me that the weight loss probably just changed my hormones and they overreacted. They couldn't find anything wrong.......I didn't have that happen this time though and I'm down 19 lbs now... Very Happy

As for my hair, who knows?? I guess I can factor it in as becoming a whole new woman Wink

lifematters

Total Posts: 796

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said, "As for my hair, who knows?? I guess I can factor it in as becoming a whole new woman."

I love that! Razz

"Life has to be a little nuts sometimes. Otherwise it's just a bunch of Thursdays strung together." Burroughs
CaptainCabo

Total Posts: 151

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: Weight Loss and Hormones Reply with quote

falersweany wrote:
I've certainly noted some changes now that I've lost about 50 pounds.

I walked into MacDonalds with friends the other afternoon and the smell of the french fries sent me retching to the bathroom. Sticking to the apple and walnuts salad wasn't a problem. Fried foods just make me ill.

Also, if I eat something with a lot of oil (even olive oil), I find I have trouble swallowing. It now tastes so icky. I think I ate so quickly before that it was down before I noticed the grease. Now, because I really chew my food well, I can feel it. And, when it reaches my stomach, I may get sharp pains. Don't know if it's psychological or physical. I have a similar reaction to chocolate and cinnamon--I'm not griping about either of those however.

I first notices a lot of my loss in my face, neck and shoulders, but now I've lost a love handle and am not missing it a bit. Smile Laughing

I don't now but when I smell french fries...it is heaven. But we all know that french fries aren't healthy and that is the biggest reason why I never order fries. Truthfully I haven't stepped into a fast food restaurant in almost 2 years. Thats was smart of you to order the healthier alternative. If you ever gonna order anything in a fast food, try to order their grilled chicken with out the mayo and have them add a bit more lettuce. Also take away half the bun or all the bun. You can wrap the grill chicken with the lettuces...it may not be the same but it is better than nothing.

Some oils are important to your diet. Olive oil is monounsaturated and is a healthy oil....but I suggest you don't drink it. lol Avoid margarines or I can't believe its not butter.....they are trans-fat...which is the worst fat/oil of all. Don't be scared of oils and some fat...you're body needs them especially women. You can cook and eat some of the healthy oils and still lose weight...just don't go overboard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com